Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode in Australia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best thing about Tesla also the worst thing about Tesla: they keep improving.
No matter when you buy, it's always 6 months before somethign better comes along.
Yes although I still recall Elon Musk’s comment about 4 years ago that the tesla will be the last car you will ever need to buy, as the motor will last forever and the software updates will keep it current. Guess that didnt work out so well.

I paid for FSD at time of purchase, but I honestly doubt they'll deliver FSD before the car is retired.

Telsa would get a ton of goodwill by making sentry available for HW2 customers who are already going to get a HW3 computer anyway. Speaking from experience when my Tesla was recently keyed, if I had that side vision I could have proven the offender (as I had his rego from the BlackVues). The police, magistrate or insurer would not care if it's not full colour; it's enough for the timestamp to show the guy doing it and the better full HD BlackVue cameras showing who it was. It's not like we can fit BlackVues to side of the Tesla, and it's all the more frustrating given there are already cameras right there.

I did consider replacing the Tesla with a newer Tesla, but with the changeover cost it's cheaper repairing the keyings (at $1,000 a pop). :)

I paid for FSD at time of purchase, but I honestly doubt they'll deliver FSD before the car is retired.

Telsa would get a ton of goodwill by making sentry available for HW2 customers who are already going to get a HW3 computer anyway. Speaking from experience when my Tesla was recently keyed, if I had that side vision I could have proven the offender (as I had his rego from the BlackVues). The police, magistrate or insurer would not care if it's not full colour; it's enough for the timestamp to show the guy doing it and the better full HD BlackVue cameras showing who it was. It's not like we can fit BlackVues to side of the Tesla, and it's all the more frustrating given there are already cameras right there.

I did consider replacing the Tesla with a newer Tesla, but with the changeover cost it's cheaper repairing the keyings (at $1,000 a pop). :)
Tesla Sentry Mode catches deliberate attack against Model 3, vandal arrested

Reactions: ARMARM