Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sentry mode is not working at all

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having this issue where Sentry mode is not working at all anywhere on a new Model S Refresh. I have unchecked all the boxes where it would say to "exclude" sentry mode, but even then it doesn't record a single event.

I have had a mobile technician come and replace my Tesla 128gb usb drive, but still sentry mode does not record any events. This is so frustrating. When I first got the car, sentry mode would record so many events, but suddenly it stopped recording anything!

Mind you dashcam still works, but not sure if it's only when I honk that triggers the system to save the event. Has anyone experienced this with their new Refresh S?

I’m seeing the same thing. No recorded events for a while now. Did you use the car to reformat the drive? I did and it seems like that’s a when it stopped recording.
Yes, I have at one point reformatted the drive. I only did it because that’s when I noticed it wasn’t recording any events. When the mobile technician replaced my drive, sentry mode worked for a day or so, then stopped recording anything. Could this be an issue with the Tesla USB drive? I’m tempted to try another drive and see if that’s the problem… the weird thing is like I said before it still records dashcam footage fine when I honk the horn.