Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode Live Camera Access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, well that explains it. Thanks!

My latest software update (yesterday) took me to 36.5.5, not 36.8 and I don't see any option to update to 36.8

Is that common, that the latest versions aren't always available?
I'm stuck at 36.5.8 and would love to get the update too to the 36.8 to have SML feature. I have tried and tried. It really sucks it doesn't do it like you want.

I can't seem to get this to work. I know there are other Canadians that have this feature, so it can't be geographic thing. I just picked up my Plaid and its on version 2021.40.6 while the mobile app is on version 4.3.0. I don't see the option to view the live camera under Sentry Mode option in the app.

The only thing I can think of is has something to do with the premium connectivity subscription requirement. I have a 1-year premium connectivity subscription (which was included with the purchase of the vehicle) but from the mobile app perspective, if I go to Upgrades -> Software Upgrades -> Subscribe, the Premium Connectivity selection for 13.99/mo is available for me to select. Its as if the app doesn't know that I already have the subscription.

I wonder if Tesla coded their iOS mobile app to omit enabling this feature/option, when the premimum connectivity shows as an item that still needs to be purchased, even though a 1-year complimentary subscription was provided.

It's a wild theory, but knowing Tesla, it might make sense as why some of us who recently purchased the vehicles aren't seeing it.

I can't seem to get this to work. I know there are other Canadians that have this feature, so it can't be geographic thing. I just picked up my Plaid and its on version 2021.40.6 while the mobile app is on version 4.3.0. I don't see the option to view the live camera under Sentry Mode option in the app.

The only thing I can think of is has something to do with the premium connectivity subscription requirement. I have a 1-year premium connectivity subscription (which was included with the purchase of the vehicle) but from the mobile app perspective, if I go to Upgrades -> Software Upgrades -> Subscribe, the Premium Connectivity selection for 13.99/mo is available for me to select. Its as if the app doesn't know that I already have the subscription.

I wonder if Tesla coded their iOS mobile app to omit enabling this feature/option, when the premimum connectivity shows as an item that still needs to be purchased, even though a 1-year complimentary subscription was provided.

It's a wild theory, but knowing Tesla, it might make sense as why some of us who recently purchased the vehicles aren't seeing it.
I still think it's geolocked. I'm based in Switzerland, just installed version 2021.40.6 today. Sentry mode live is not visible in the app. (now I'm sad)
In the car, do you have "View Live Camera via Mobile" visible under the Safety & Security menu (under Sentry Mode)? For me that doesn't show up either.
By the way, I have the same premium offer as you (I picked up my 2021 M3 LR in September), and I did subscribe to premium connectivity, just to try if that is causing a problem. I was able to subscribe, the app just said that it will be starting from September 2022. So it's not it.
Can someone confirm that Sentry Mode Live is not available in Europe? Is there any info available on when we might get it?

I still think it's geolocked. I'm based in Switzerland, just installed version 2021.40.6 today. Sentry mode live is not visible in the app. (now I'm sad)
In the car, do you have "View Live Camera via Mobile" visible under the Safety & Security menu (under Sentry Mode)? For me that doesn't show up either.
By the way, I have the same premium offer as you (I picked up my 2021 M3 LR in September), and I did subscribe to premium connectivity, just to try if that is causing a problem. I was able to subscribe, the app just said that it will be starting from September 2022. So it's not it.
Can someone confirm that Sentry Mode Live is not available in Europe? Is there any info available on when we might get it?
I'm in New Zealand and also don't have access to it. I'm pretty sure Tesla would be working on expanding their infrastructure/servers to more regions to lessen the load the Sentry Mode Live Camera feature will put on their primary servers and to reduce the latency for us using it.

It is so strange. I just got my model y delivered on Wednesday and I don’t have live camera mode on my Tesla. Anyone got an idea? I have premium connection access and everything is up to date. My Tesla is 2022 version 🤔
You likely don't have the latest update that included live view and don't expect your first update for at least 30 days.