Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated my software to 2021.32.10 this afternoon and now sentry mode, and icon is gone. I took the ssd out of the car and tested it in a laptop. Still working fine. For the heck of it I tried formatting it in the car, no luck. I tried formatting it on my laptop knowing it wasn't the correct format. Plugged it in and the tesla through a notification. Formatted it again in the tesla but the icon still do nothing. When I come back to the car it says I have a sentry event but I can open it.

I have tried holding down the scroll wheels multiple times and once with the break as well.

Any suggestions?

Forgive me for asking the obvious, but your state of charge is over 20% right?

(Actually re-reading I'm not quite sure what the whole issue is) Is it entering Sentry mode?
Hello,

Yup the car is above 20%.

Since the update I can not view any recordings. Honking the horn or tapping the notification that an event occurred does nothing.

I updated my software to 2021.32.10 this afternoon and now sentry mode, and icon is gone. I took the ssd out of the car and tested it in a laptop. Still working fine. For the heck of it I tried formatting it in the car, no luck. I tried formatting it on my laptop knowing it wasn't the correct format. Plugged it in and the tesla through a notification. Formatted it again in the tesla but the icon still do nothing. When I come back to the car it says I have a sentry event but I can open it.

I have tried holding down the scroll wheels multiple times and once with the break as well.

Any suggestions?
Fixed it. I am sure I didn't have to do this before but I added a folder named Teslacam and it is working properly now.

Same issue here on 2021.32.10. Formatted drive, viewer would not work. Brought the drive to the laptop, added the "TeslaCam" folder, put it back in the car, now it works. Argh, lame. What's odd is I tried formatting the drive a half a dozen times before this until I tried to create the folder. Also weird, is that after creating the folder, it shows one video from May 14, 2021 - even though the drive has been formatted a bunch of times prior to me creating that folder.

Ideally I would never format, since I have a 500GB drive, but as it fills up, the viewer becomes so slow as to be unusable, thus the formatting.

Fixed it. I am sure I didn't have to do this before but I added a folder named Teslacam and it is working properly now.
Agreed. Formatting my 256gb thumb drive in my 2020 Model 3 does NOT set up a TESLACAM folder in it's root. I added the folder by connecting the thumb drive to my desktop and Sentry Mode is working again. Someone at Tesla failed clearly Software Testing 101 with the last release.