Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode - no longer able to view live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1651569456192.png

Getting this now, where before I could stream live. I do not have the premium connectivity which ended May 1st, but I didn’t think this was part of it?

Anyone know what this could be? Going to have to just put up the £9.99 me thinks… 🤔

I believe you need the premium connectivity to use the cars built in connectivity so you can view the cameras. If you have let your connectivity expire you also need to tap the re-enable button in the car. I had the same issue when I was away earlier in the year.

Reactions: boombap
aaaah thank you, so decision made, will pay sub and have the free Spotify included... although, I am now having a play around with Tidal!

Just for info, the free Spotify works over a WiFi hotspot as well even without paying for premium connectivity. It's not actually part of premium connectivity, but obviously the internet access bit is.

But yep, you do need premium connectivity for live view.

Getting this now, where before I could stream live. I do not have the premium connectivity which ended May 1st, but I didn’t think this was part of it?

As per previous answers ... but just to comment that it's not surprising at all! Live streaming video is the most data intensive thing you are ever likely to do so there's not much chance they would let people do that using LTE without Premium Connectivity. In fact even WITH Premium Connectivity I believe there is a 15 minutes per day restriction on live streaming from the car (I've never timed it but that was reported on the forum a little while ago).

Just for info, the free Spotify works over a WiFi hotspot as well even without paying for premium connectivity. It's not actually part of premium connectivity, but obviously the internet access bit is.
AFAICT consensus is that the Tesla Spotify account _is_ part of Premium Connectivity, but they're not very good at promptly taking it away when your Premium (or Premium trial) expires.

If your have it without Premium, enjoy it as long as it lasts, but know that if you ever log out, you won't be able to log back in to the free account (without resubscribing to Premium Connectivity) and that they'll probably take it away eventually anyway...

AFAICT consensus is that the Tesla Spotify account _is_ part of Premium Connectivity, but they're not very good at promptly taking it away when your Premium (or Premium trial) expires.

If your have it without Premium, enjoy it as long as it lasts, but know that if you ever log out, you won't be able to log back in to the free account (without resubscribing to Premium Connectivity) and that they'll probably take it away eventually anyway...

Well I've happily used free Spotify for 6 months, I wouldn't call that "not prompt"

My reading is that the consensus is that Spotify isn't part of premium connectivity, even Tesla no longer list it as included with premium connectivity on their website.

I've not heard of anyone loosing it.

Does senty mode view live works to watch anywhere in the world, if i leave my spare phone with hotspot enabled connected to car ?
Do you mean if the car is anywhere or you are?

If you notice, when browsing on the connectivity in the car, websites think you are in the Netherlands, because the connectivity Tesla uses is from a global roaming sim. So it will work from anywhere and your phone could be anywhere too, as long as you have an internet connection on your phone and prem connectivity in your car.

It's unlikely a car in Texas is using a roaming service in the Netherlands
If s/he took a UK car to Texas, then yes it would be using a roaming service that appears to be in the Netherlands. it's the same way if you roam on your UK phone to another country and use data, it looks like you are in the UK as far the websites you are going to are concerned.

Last edited:
No, thanks to Brexit i can't use my apartment as much as i used to and cancelled the wifi we had here. I now use my phone as a hotspot which is currently showing Vodafone ES

IMG_3560.jpg

I know where the UK Tesla sims connect to as i've been driving them for 3 years. The OP posed a question and listed they were in Texas.

No, thanks to Brexit i can't use my apartment as much as i used to and cancelled the wifi we had here. I now use my phone as a hotspot which is currently showing Vodafone ES

View attachment 888344

I know where the UK Tesla sims connect to as i've been driving them for 3 years. The OP posed a question and listed they were in Texas.
Doh, didn't notice their location, but the answer is the same. except for the Netherlands bit. "So it will work from anywhere and your phone could be anywhere too, as long as you have an internet connection on your phone and prem connectivity in your car."