Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode not activating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve noticed that since 2020.28.6 I haven’t been getting Sentry mode notifications. I even tried to manually set it off by locking the doors coming back a few minutes later and grab the door handle and nothing. The screen just shows” use key card” then goes out. I’ve tried tapping the car, handle, making noises and nothing sets it off for some reason. Anyone else experiencing this or does this call for service?

There’s been quite a few threads/posts about changes to Sentry Mode with people describing exactly what you’re experiencing. I haven’t read any definitive answers to the issue yet, though. But you’re not alone, FWIW.

My signature car is still working the same, so I’m pretty much no help at all.

Let us know if you get it figured out?

There’s been quite a few threads/posts about changes to Sentry Mode with people describing exactly what you’re experiencing. I haven’t read any definitive answers to the issue yet, though. But you’re not alone, FWIW.

My signature car is still working the same, so I’m pretty much no help at all.

Let us know if you get it figured out?
I did some testing. I found that if I turn Sentry mode off in the actual security settings and then turn it back on using just the little eye next to the Dashcam icon, it activates. Smh! Very weird behavior.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier

sorry for the OT but I saw your post referencing your signature and by golly gee my first car was a 1986 Yugo Gv. fire engine red, pop up roof, am/fm radio, 70 series white letter tires. maaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn that car.. I had chrome on it, tint, i spent my weekknds in autozone looking for the latest crap to put on the car. had a licence plate that had leds that went around the plate . this was in 1988 ish until 1991 when i bought my first REAL car -- a 1991 VW passat! :cool::p

Reactions: Phlier
sorry for the OT but I saw your post referencing your signature and by golly gee my first car was a 1986 Yugo Gv. fire engine red, pop up roof, am/fm radio, 70 series white letter tires. maaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn that car.. I had chrome on it, tint, i spent my weekknds in autozone looking for the latest crap to put on the car. had a licence plate that had leds that went around the plate . this was in 1988 ish until 1991 when i bought my first REAL car -- a 1991 VW passat! :cool::p
Well, truth be told, I never did actually own a Yugo. That's just a tongue-in-cheek jab at the car brand elitist snobs. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
My sentry mode seems to turn off every time we park the car. The app will show it is off and I have to keep turning it on when I leave the car. Once on, I am getting sentry cam videos. Not sure if this is related, but it also seems to be an issue since upgrading to 2020.28.6

• Disagree
Reactions: LionXng