Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode not on screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I have sentry mode turned on. Is there supposed to be a big red circle on the screen to deter thieves? My screen is black. I can walk straight up to the door and nothing happens. I thought it supposed to flash lights? Thanks.

I know what it is. I think it’s because my work was excluded then I unticked the option. I believe you have drive off and back again for it to activate. Will see what happens tomorrow.

You can activate in the app under controls, even in an area where excluded.

When the app shows it is on, walk up to the side of the car and try the door handles.

Yes, you should see the screen then on.

Mines not working then. I have it turned on.

That's a shame. I just tested mine a few minutes ago for you and the screen definitely came on.

My only other thought... When I first had the car, I did have an issue with sentry mode when the usb stick had somehow lost connection. Removing the usb stick and then reconnecting fixed it.

You could try a reboot, hold down both scroll wheels until the system reboots.

Sentry works at multiple levels - its only at highest alert level that the screen and lights get activated. I have no idea how the levels are decided but if you went to the car with no phone and tried the drivers door handle you should at least get an on screen message, possibly even the lights.

T
Sentry works at multiple levels - its only at highest alert level that the screen and lights get activated. I have no idea how the levels are decided but if you went to the car with no phone and tried the drivers door handle you should at least get an on screen message, possibly even the lights.
Thanks. It’s my Apple Watch letting me open the car. I didn’t realise the Tesla watch app lets you open the door without pressing the unlock icon on it. :). I turned my watch off and the message came on the screen.

I use watch app for Tesla. You do have to press the unlock logo on it so must have been a coincidence.
Same here. Love it. Also have a bunch of shortcuts set up.

Going a bit off topic here, but would be nice if Tesla could release a Watch app so that can also be used as a key (without using the remote unlock/start method that Watch App for Tesla and others use).