Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode not saving any clips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So first we need to clarify what does what and where your actual issue is.

Sentry does not record video- Dashcam does.

Are you able to activate the dashcam feature and is it recording video? If not, your issue is unrelated to sentry at all- you have a dashcam problem (which could be as simple as you just don't have dashcam turned on to record).

The only thing sentry does, as far as video footage goes, is if it goes to an alert state, and dashcam recordings exist, it will move the previous 10 minutes from the recent folder to the sentry folder.

So if you DO have dashcam/recent clips, but DO NOT get anything in the sentry folder when sentry alerts trigger, then and only then, is it a sentry problem.

So first we need to clarify what does what and where your actual issue is.

Sentry does not record video- Dashcam does.

Are you able to activate the dashcam feature and is it recording video? If not, your issue is unrelated to sentry at all- you have a dashcam problem (which could be as simple as you just don't have dashcam turned on to record).

The only thing sentry does, as far as video footage goes, is if it goes to an alert state, and dashcam recordings exist, it will move the previous 10 minutes from the recent folder to the sentry folder.

So if you DO have dashcam/recent clips, but DO NOT get anything in the sentry folder when sentry alerts trigger, then and only then, is it a sentry problem.
That was it. My dashcam somehow turned off. Apparently you need to turn on dashcam in order for any sentry clips to save. Thanks

Reactions: Knightshade
Formatted it where? With what? Does it show up in a computer? All sorts of people have experienced before portable storage going bad, but what have you done to determine the storage is not bad?
Been using a microsd and it’s been working flawlessly for over a year. Suddenly, I noticed clips weren’t being saved anymore. I tried reformatting the microsd without avail. Anyone experience this before?
Hi. Which microsd and USB adapter do you have that work flawless for one year? Thank you.

Hi. Which microsd and USB adapter do you have that work flawless for one year? Thank you.

Since this seems to be addressed to me, even though OP was the one who said they had it working flawlessly for 1 year....

The microSD and adapter I have has been working flawlessly for most of the period I have had the car, which is 3.5 years now. I used a USB at the very beginning but swapped to "microSD + adapter after a couple of months, and have had no issues since then.

I have the samsung pro endurance microSD card. I am not sure how easy it is to get now as I havent looked for a bit. You just want to make sure you are getting a "real" (not counterfeit) one. I got the endurance one because I wanted something that was ment for multiple constant writing. I am happy with the results but will say that I dont think it "necessary" to use a microSD, I just chose to.