Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode not turning off by itself anymore

hydro 481

Sep 4, 2017
USA
Sentry mode used to turn off automatically whenever I drive the car. But I recently noticed it still records while I'm driving. Did Tesla recently change this?

brobinson

May 23, 2018
Ohio
what do you mean by record? does the sentry icon stay on the screen, or are you just finding the driving clips in the 'recent' folder?

Driving clips are always cycling through the 'recent' folder for the dash cam portion to function. if the sentry icon is stuck on the screen, a reboot may fix it.

hydro 481

Sep 4, 2017
USA
Are you sure that's Sentry Mode and not TeslaCam?
I thought the dashcam only records if you hit the button to manually save the video? There's a bunch of videos of me driving on the road. I haven't manually hit the record button for the dashcam in a long time.

hydro 481

Sep 4, 2017
USA
what do you mean by record? does the sentry icon stay on the screen, or are you just finding the driving clips in the 'recent' folder?

Driving clips are always cycling through the 'recent' folder for the dash cam portion to function. if the sentry icon is stuck on the screen, a reboot may fix it.
I don't really pay attention to the sentry icon but I guess I should now. I keep finding driving clips in my SavedClips folder. The videos are mixed into the same folder as sentry mode clips (when my car is parked at home) so I assume it's sentry mode and not the dashcam.

boaterva

Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
So, yeah, we talking Sentry mode (the red bullseye which you can also turn Sentry on and off with) or the one to the right that’s always there as long as the USB is working that you tap to save a section of recording?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC