Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode on 2022.20.6 (and before)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I-drive-my

2022 Model Y LR
Aug 24, 2021
Seattle
Hello!

I want to understand if this is a current behavior of Sentry mode (as stated by Tesla service) for many of us or is it my problem (because I tend to disagree with what Tesla service is saying).
I have a 2021 Model Y updated to 2022.20.6. Prior to the update the problems with Sentry mode started to occur around a month ago: either USB drive error (camera icon with red X) or events captured on Sentry were 0:00 length. I have switched the USB drive, but problem persisted.
I have filed a support ticket and Tesla said it's expected now, please wait for the next update. Next update (2022.20.6) has come and now I have a notification that some events occurred but when I click on the notification - there are no events saved.

Is it something that majority of us going through now?

I am just very surprised that I don't have a reliable dashcam/sentry in a $60+k car..

I had this issue briefly, but the last update 2022.16.3 I’ve been ok. It was a software bug covered below.

Reactions: I-drive-my
Hello!

I want to understand if this is a current behavior of Sentry mode (as stated by Tesla service) for many of us or is it my problem (because I tend to disagree with what Tesla service is saying).
I have a 2021 Model Y updated to 2022.20.6. Prior to the update the problems with Sentry mode started to occur around a month ago: either USB drive error (camera icon with red X) or events captured on Sentry were 0:00 length. I have switched the USB drive, but problem persisted.
I have filed a support ticket and Tesla said it's expected now, please wait for the next update. Next update (2022.20.6) has come and now I have a notification that some events occurred but when I click on the notification - there are no events saved.

Is it something that majority of us going through now?

I am just very surprised that I don't have a reliable dashcam/sentry in a $60+k car..
I have the same problem!