Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode on V10

Arslin

Mar 31, 2017
Redmond, Wa
I have a 2017 Model X (AP2/MCU1) that received the V10 update last weekend. Since then, Sentry mode has "turned off" multiple times, due to " a sentry system error". Has anyone else with this generation of Model X seen this happening?

Thanks,
Wade

tommie

Oct 18, 2017
Crescent City, CA 95531
I have the same model, and received the V10 update on Monday night. I tried it today in a small parking lot, and it seemed to work fine. I'll give it a more exhaustive test this week.

LTR2018

Apr 4, 2018
California
Mine has done the same since the update.
Can turn it on again via the app.
I am putting in a bug report when I get back to the car today. Suggest everyone else do this same.
It appears to be a bug.

Yinn

Nov 15, 2016
Behind you
I have a 2017 Model X (AP2/MCU1) that received the V10 update last weekend. Since then, Sentry mode has "turned off" multiple times, due to " a sentry system error". Has anyone else with this generation of Model X seen this happening?

Thanks,
Wade

I turned off standby mode and that seemed to fix it. It seems standby mode was introduced with smart summon, you can adjust it in the summon settings

sacfan

Sep 8, 2019
Sacramento

Thanks,
Wade
I had the identical experience several times in the past 24-36 hours. I have a 2019 Model X that I took delivery on 9/26/19. I upgraded to v.10 36-48 hours ago.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC