Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode playback screen is black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I first got my model Y performance a few months ago, it wouldn't recognize usb drives.
Tesla couldn't help over the phone, but after several software updates, it started working.

I was able to review videos captured with sentry mode for about a week.

...but now, every time I try to go to the sentry mode player, all I get is black screen.

Has anyone else had these issues?

Sentry has never worked on my model Y. USB is recognized and dashcam works, but not sentry. Event alert shows up, but attempts to view are gray screen with no video. I’ve reported this several places several times. Most I’ve gotten is “we know and we are working on it” but it’s been 6 months and no change

I've got this too in my Model Y. It has worked occasionally. In two important instances, one a pretty big accident that took place right in front of my car I pressed the save button, but when I went looking for the clip - every other clip was there except the one I'd just saved. I found it later when I connected the harddrive to my computer. This is a crappy problem that should've been fixed a long time ago.

I've got this too in my Model Y. It has worked occasionally. In two important instances, one a pretty big accident that took place right in front of my car I pressed the save button, but when I went looking for the clip - every other clip was there except the one I'd just saved. I found it later when I connected the harddrive to my computer. This is a crappy problem that should've been fixed a long time ago.
Is it possible that when you went to check the accident clip that 10 minute file was still recording so it wasn't accessible?