Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode problem

Willy’sEV

Mar 29, 2021
NY Metro
So last night on the Tesla app I turned on Sentry Mode for my 2021 M3 (delivery 5/4).
So when I went to the car this am, I noticed the battery drained about 5 miles overnight. This was no surprise, it is stated in many videos of battery drain.

But what was weird was that even though Sentry mode was on, when I scrolled down to it on the screen in the car, it was all grayed out. I could not exclude things like at home or at work from enacting the Sentry mode. Even when I turned Sentry mode off from the car screen or phone app, it was still grayed out. I removed and reinserted, formatted the thumb drive in the car, but still no help.

I am wondering if Tesla in their new release has a bug or did they turn off these features. Anyone have the same experience or solution.?

Willy’sEV

Mar 29, 2021
NY Metro
Problem resolved......called Tesla tech support this am, did not have my home and/or place of work in the Navi system. Once I put that in, the Sentry mode options became available. Tech also had me reboot the system.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC