Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode question

Gulfcoaster

May 26, 2021
Florida
Hi all,

I thought when Sentry Mode was activated by someone getting near your car and recording started that it notified us on the iPhone Tesla app...

Did I understand incorrectly?

I ask because I walked into my garage and my M3P began recording and the display lit up and lights flashed but my iPhone Tesla app didn't do anything

Thanks

Silicon Desert

Oct 1, 2018
Sparks NV / GF 1
Hi all,

I thought when Sentry Mode was activated by someone getting near your car and recording started that it notified us on the iPhone Tesla app...

I ask because I walked into my garage and my M3P began recording and the display lit up and lights flashed but my iPhone Tesla app didn't do anything

Thanks
No it doesn't and you would probably not want that anyway as it would drive you nuts with notifications in a busy parking area.

Silicon Desert

Oct 1, 2018
Sparks NV / GF 1
Hi all,

Thanks
OP one other comment. You may have thought about this already. May want to consider changing the setting in the configuration to NOT activate sentry at home since you have the car in a garage. It uses LOTs of unnecessary energy, unless of course you want it on for another reason.

• Informative
Reactions: VivekDr and FlyF4

Gulfcoaster

May 26, 2021
Florida
OP one other comment. You may have thought about this already. May want to consider changing the setting in the configuration to NOT activate sentry at home since you have the car in a garage. It uses LOTs of unnecessary energy, unless of course you want it on for another reason.
Oh good point. So how the heck do I deactivate it only when it’s at home?
Thanks

Marving11

Apr 13, 2021
Ventura County
So I was searching through threads and found this. Was wondering if anyone knows of a 3rd party app that might send Sentry notifications to our phones? Or is this just a pipe dream?

Darmie

Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2016
Clear Lake TX.
So I was searching through threads and found this. Was wondering if anyone knows of a 3rd party app that might send Sentry notifications to our phones? Or is this just a pipe dream?
Well, there was this...

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC