Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I thought when Sentry Mode was activated by someone getting near your car and recording started that it notified us on the iPhone Tesla app...

Did I understand incorrectly?

I ask because I walked into my garage and my M3P began recording and the display lit up and lights flashed but my iPhone Tesla app didn't do anything

Thanks

Hi all,

I thought when Sentry Mode was activated by someone getting near your car and recording started that it notified us on the iPhone Tesla app...

I ask because I walked into my garage and my M3P began recording and the display lit up and lights flashed but my iPhone Tesla app didn't do anything

Thanks
No it doesn't and you would probably not want that anyway as it would drive you nuts with notifications in a busy parking area.

Hi all,

Thanks
OP one other comment. You may have thought about this already. May want to consider changing the setting in the configuration to NOT activate sentry at home since you have the car in a garage. It uses LOTs of unnecessary energy, unless of course you want it on for another reason.

• Informative
Reactions: VivekDr and FlyF4
So I was searching through threads and found this. Was wondering if anyone knows of a 3rd party app that might send Sentry notifications to our phones? Or is this just a pipe dream?
Well, there was this...