Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my M3 for about 2 weeks now. I just bought a 128GB and it was already formatted to FAT32. I plugged it in to the front USB and when I got in this morning it said I had 6 notifications but when I plugged into my computer the USB has no files. Is there a special setup I'm missing? I just unplugged it, I didn't see anything special to eject it like on a computer you have to eject before unplugging the drive. Do I have to set up a file on the USB?

I've had my M3 for about 2 weeks now. I just bought a 128GB and it was already formatted to FAT32. I plugged it in to the front USB and when I got in this morning it said I had 6 notifications but when I plugged into my computer the USB has no files. Is there a special setup I'm missing? I just unplugged it, I didn't see anything special to eject it like on a computer you have to eject before unplugging the drive. Do I have to set up a file on the USB?

My Sentry puts it's files in 'Saved Files'. When I put the thumb drive onto my PC, I click on' removable disc', then click on Tesla Cam, it shows two lines..... dash cam files, and the saved files. The dash cam files show front, sides, and rear camera, I discoverd the saved file is the Sentry camera.... filled with people walking by or behind the car, causing it to record motion events while the dash camera is off.

My Sentry puts it's files in 'Saved Files'. When I put the thumb drive onto my PC, I click on' removable disc', then click on Tesla Cam, it shows two lines..... dash cam files, and the saved files. The dash cam files show front, sides, and rear camera, I discoverd the saved file is the Sentry camera.... filled with people walking by or behind the car, causing it to record motion events while the dash camera is off.

This is not correct.

Sentry doesn't record anything- the dashcam does.

All sentry does is copy the last 10 minutes of dashcam files to that saved folder when it goes into alert mode... (which is why the clip of someone walking past is usually in minutes 9 or 10 of the saved footage).

Sentry couldn't magically, retroactively, record the last 10 minutes if the dashcam was off.