TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Sentry Mode Recording But Not Displaying on Screen or Flashing Lights

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by kirbo20, Sep 12, 2019 at 7:38 AM.

1. kirbo20

kirbo20 Member

I noticed today that my screen is no longer showing that a recording is in progress when triggered. The lights no longer flash either but the recording is still happening. I have reset the screen using the two button scroll wheels and I have also completely shut down the car and the issue persist.

I am on 2019.28.31.1

2. 640k

640k Member

what do you mean the lights are not longer flashing? how do you know it's recording? have you tried to view the files?

3. kirbo20

kirbo20 Member

When sentry is triggered the headlights would flash in addition to the screen saying a recording is in progress. Yes, I pulled the drive and it has been successfully recording for the last few months.

4. 640k

640k Member

ohhh - i assume you checked the settings? you can disable the sentry alerting, even thought it's recording.

5. kirbo20

kirbo20 Member

So, I just went to double check those settings and before I went I turned off my phone. As I approached the car the lights flashed and the screen said recording in progress. I turned my phone back on and walked a few hundred feet away and when I came back the lights did not flash and the screen did not say it was recording. This was not the same behavior in past software so maybe it is intentionally not lighting up when the phone is connected. I will do more testing.

6. lolder

lolder Member

It doesn't do it when a valid phone is present. That's reasonable and normal.

7. kirbo20

kirbo20 Member

Agree that it is reasonable and the way it should be but it did not behave this way before the latest update which is why I was concerned. If this is normal then I have nothing to worry about. The good thing is it was still recording. The only downside to this is if I am in a building close by and my phone is connected the car won't visually make aware a would be thief/vandal that they are being recorded.