Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode recording whilst off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Parked in a hotel overnight. Sentry was off but when setting off this morning noticed an alert for sentry events and recordings viewable. Also off on both the mobile phone accounts/apps.

Model Y 2023.12.9

Anyone else seen this or is it a bug in 12.9?

IMG_5845.jpeg
Off for a longer period soon so don’t want this draining battery.

Sentry or alarm? They are different. Sentry won’t show an alert in the app, an alarm event might.
Sentry, there is no recording of an alarm to watch ;) and you get sentry alerts in car (well I do anyhow)

Might well be down to (after doing some more testing) my wifes profile setting sentry off from the car screen, but when I switched to my profile it was one (despite showing off in my app).

So is sentry setting per profile?

Sentry, there is no recording of an alarm to watch ;) and you get sentry alerts in car (well I do anyhow)

Might well be down to (after doing some more testing) my wifes profile setting sentry off from the car screen, but when I switched to my profile it was one (despite showing off in my app).

So is sentry setting per profile?
I believe it is can vary by profile.

thanks, and it appears the phone app just shows the current profile settings, so to be double sure I'd need to tap each profile and make sure it's off on both from the car screen.
Yes, check each one from the car. And if you have "Easy Entry" setup, check that profile setting as well. The toggle in the phone app does not override the in car profile settings in relation to Sentry Mode from my experience.

thanks, and it appears the phone app just shows the current profile settings, so to be double sure I'd need to tap each profile and make sure it's off on both from the car screen.
I am assuming a different person parked it then you got in in the morning and the settings you were looking at were yours not the last person to drive it?
The one that matters is the one who was driving when it was parked. The app just shows the current state. It would have shown it as ON during the night if you had checked it.
Easy entry counts as a profile but I have never bothered to find out if the settings for sentry in that one count. kinda dumb if they do but wother bearing in mind since if you use it that will be the last active profile when you leave the car

Are you sure sentry on/off is now profile specific? It never was and doesn’t make sense that it is. Toggles for location specific sentry are as far as I am aware which does make sense as now are locations for work etc. Those settings do make sense to be profile specific, but global sentry on/off doesn’t.

Are you sure sentry on/off is now profile specific? It never was and doesn’t make sense that it is. Toggles for location specific sentry are as far as I am aware which does make sense as now are locations for work etc. Those settings do make sense to be profile specific, but global sentry on/off doesn’t.
I thought it is but could very well be wrong (I often am). Will check next time I’m out.

The work and home settings 100% are. good point though I am not sure about the global setting.