Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode shenanigans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's funny the things sentry mode reveals
These happened way before lockdown

first incident
I was charging my car at a free dual AC charger (not Tesla destination charger)
I'd left the car and gone to nearby shops for a coffee
Checked the app and noticed the car had stopped charging even though it hadn't reached it's charge limit
Came back to the car and sure enough charging had stopped. The AC charger power indicator was off
I checked sentry mode ....
The leaf owner who was parked next to me unplug his car pack up his charge cable come back reach around to the charger I was plugged into and turn it off..... what a helpful chap

Second indecent
I was at a cafe for lunch, I checked recording when I was bored few days later
Sentry mode recorded two women with coffees in hand accompanying 4 or 5 year old boy (I'm guessing mother and friend)
The little boy proceed to run around and rub his hands all over my freshly washed car trying all the door handles as he went. As far as I could see He was very thorough, no area he could not reach was left untouched. While his minders looked on oblivious to his handy work, admiring his dedication. I guess providing some cheap children's entertainment LOL

3rd indecent
Charging at another free charger, sentry mode revealed a car pulling into carpark opposite my car.
I was thinking to myself as I was watching the recording, she's coming in a bit hot and wide
Sure enough ...bang she clipped the rear of a van parked next to the spot she was pulling into.
Crowd gathered, looked like note left for van owner

4th indecent...nearly
Parked using supermarket AC charger, sentry mode recorded car next to me pulling in. Dad gets out
goes to front of the car, pretty ordinary so far.
Nxt minute rear door flies open at ballistic speed propelled by foot of a child in the back seat
missed the side of my car by millimeters. if I or that Dad had parked slightly further over.....
oh the horror

After seeing these recordings I'm thinking I should just take the bus....or stop using sentry mode

• Funny
Reactions: house9
The kid that was touching your car did the Mum look like she was telling the kid to stop touching your car?

If I had kids I would have definitely told them to not touch other peoples’ cars
Same with me, there is no way I would allow my kids to do anything like that.

Neither of them did anything to discourage his exploring of my car. They were both very near my car and followed him around as he went on exploring my car with his hands.