Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode triggering every minute

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This started happening to me about a few months ago, but only when I turned Sentry on while parked in my underground garage space. At first I thought it was because a cone was placed too close to the car, but that doesn't really make sense. Flickering lighting is a plausible cause. It's the only place where I've experienced such an issue with Sentry.

I’m experiencing the same thing on my new Model 3 (2021.12.25.7) at night. The lights flash every minute, and often (but not always) triggers Sentry events. Interestingly the videos don’t have red dots indicating when the event was on the timeline.

The car is parked on my driveway which is very dark, and after testing my security camera on and off it seems that it is just darkness that is triggering it. Infrared from my cameras has no effect, and if I put the light on from the camera on it stops.

This makes me think that it is indeed being triggered by artefacts caused by the low light on the cameras.

Very frustrating because I would much prefer to leave it on for that layer of security even at home. I hope it’s fixed soon!

Hey everyone new here. Just wanted to chime in on this issue. It started happening after I downloaded the version 10.2 (2021.36.5.5) update that this started happening. I have cleaned all my cameras and still have this issue. Has anyone found a solution for this?

Seems still no fix for this. I took my model Y in for a service to try and figure this out, but they said all the devices and hardware are fine and that I need to wait for a software fix.

The main place I want to use the Sentry feature is where I park in my alley, which is where I get the constant 1 minute triggers from dusk until dawn.

Seems still no fix for this. I took my model Y in for a service to try and figure this out, but they said all the devices and hardware are fine and that I need to wait for a software fix.

The main place I want to use the Sentry feature is where I park in my alley, which is where I get the constant 1 minute triggers from dusk until dawn.

Whats around the car? I parked in my sisters driveway for xmas, and she had one of those light projector things in her grass somewhat close to the driveway, shining flashing christmas lights on her house.

I was there for 2 hours, and came out to like 50-60 alerts.

Moral: see whats around where you are parking, lights flashing / flickering, etc. Its probably not the car, other than sensitivity to whats around, its probably something in the environment (meaning tesla will likely never "fix" it for your parking area).

Just got my 2022 3 weeks ago and last night was first time using sentry mode at night and the same thing is happening to me. Every minute or so front and back lights would flash.

I am following along with this thread to see if there will be a fix......

Love the idea, but I turned sentry off. It is too sensitive for no reason, but then won’t work when it needs to.

I wish it would be a bit “smarter”. I wish it would alert me with a real problem so I can check the cameras.

I have been suffering the same with my new M3. Does anyone know the numbers designated to the cameras? There is an event report with each saved file and it would appear that camera 4 is the one that is mostly activated in my cases. Just though if I could identify which camera is being triggered it may give more of a clue to the cause.