Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode triggering every minute

Jclboston

Oct 30, 2019
Boston
This started happening to me about a few months ago, but only when I turned Sentry on while parked in my underground garage space. At first I thought it was because a cone was placed too close to the car, but that doesn't really make sense. Flickering lighting is a plausible cause. It's the only place where I've experienced such an issue with Sentry.

aidanbiggins

Apr 3, 2021
San Francisco
I have had this problem since I got the car on 31 March. Figured it was the wall charger light blinking in the garage all night that triggered it. Hoping for a software fix one day!

Arthla

Aug 21, 2021
UK
I’m experiencing the same thing on my new Model 3 (2021.12.25.7) at night. The lights flash every minute, and often (but not always) triggers Sentry events. Interestingly the videos don’t have red dots indicating when the event was on the timeline.

The car is parked on my driveway which is very dark, and after testing my security camera on and off it seems that it is just darkness that is triggering it. Infrared from my cameras has no effect, and if I put the light on from the camera on it stops.

This makes me think that it is indeed being triggered by artefacts caused by the low light on the cameras.

Very frustrating because I would much prefer to leave it on for that layer of security even at home. I hope it’s fixed soon!

NorbertN

Oct 11, 2021
Connecticut
Parked my 2021 M3 on the top of my driveway for the first time tonight.I left my outdoor light on , close to the car for extra security. Sentry was going off every minute or two , turned off the light , problem solved

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff N and Lon12

Chenzilla

Oct 28, 2021
California
Hey everyone new here. Just wanted to chime in on this issue. It started happening after I downloaded the version 10.2 (2021.36.5.5) update that this started happening. I have cleaned all my cameras and still have this issue. Has anyone found a solution for this?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC