Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode Triggering every minutes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has been happening to me as well since updating to 2021.36.5.5, and now 2021.36.8. Every minute the lights flash. The car is parked in my garage and there is definitely nothing moving around the car.
I have been having the same problem off and on since getting my car in August. But it is getting worse. Now it is happening during daytime also. I have rebooted the software, turned sentry totally off and tried changing a setting in my Iphone( as someone suggested on YouTube.) Please is there anything else to try. Have Tesla service coming, but not for a week. Meanwhile it is disturbing my neighbors with the constant honking.

I have been having the same problem off and on since getting my car in August. But it is getting worse. Now it is happening during daytime also. I have rebooted the software, turned sentry totally off and tried changing a setting in my Iphone( as someone suggested on YouTube.) Please is there anything else to try. Have Tesla service coming, but not for a week. Meanwhile it is disturbing my neighbors with the constant honking.
Honking? If it's honking your alarm is going off... Sentry mode, I don't think will honk your horn. Does the Tesla have an impact sensor? I know one of my other cars has the OEM impact sensor mounted on the steering column... If you kicked the wheel, or hit the windshield with the palm of your hand, the alarm would go off... At the time, we lived near railroad tracks, so everytime a train came by, the alarm would go off... Drove the neighbors nuts... I had to turn the sensitivity way down.

I took my Y into the service shop with my hard drive fill of 1-minute triggers. They said they could not replicate it and all systems were operating properly. They said I needed to just turn it off and wait for a software update.
I really need the Sentry, since the alley at my house is the most likely place for vandalism.

Why not set up a Ring or Nest camera on the back of the house.

Thats essentially what I'm going to have to do. Just had a neighbor complaining my MY was flashing the front of their house all night...

I'd lean towards Nest and not Ring... I used to have a bunch of Rings... They are slow to connect, and the motion detection is garbage. One time someone comitted a felony in front of my front door, right in the center of my Ring's view, but when the Police came by, my Ring didn't capture sh!t. All my nest cameras tho, captured everything. I've since ditched my Ring2 doorbells for Nest Hellos.

I'd lean towards Nest and not Ring... I used to have a bunch of Rings... They are slow to connect, and the motion detection is garbage. One time someone comitted a felony in front of my front door, right in the center of my Ring's view, but when the Police came by, my Ring didn't capture sh!t. All my nest cameras tho, captured everything. I've since ditched my Ring2 doorbells for Nest Hellos.
Ive found door bell camers to be garbage... I updated to a Amcrest PoE system for higher resolution and local recording. Just installed 1 of 4 cameras today for watching my driveway.

Ive found door bell camers to be garbage... I updated to a Amcrest PoE system for higher resolution and local recording. Just installed 1 of 4 cameras today for watching my driveway.
Yeah, depends on what you are using it for... Funnily enough tho, I actually have an Amcrest PoE camera with a Sony Sensor and 25x optical zoom that I use to watch the entrance of our Cul de sac, to capture license plates of cars coming and going. Works really well for that.

Reactions: Profwilliams
I took my Y into the service shop with my hard drive fill of 1-minute triggers. They said they could not replicate it and all systems were operating properly. They said I needed to just turn it off and wait for a software update.
Of course Tesla service said that. It's not like they've never heard of this issue before. And their suggestion to wait for a software update...yeah right, they will never fix it.

Our 2021 MY in our personal garage in our single family detached stand-alone home, the headlights flash exactly every minute and when i check in the car it's showing hundreds of Sentry events, and the battery gets drawn down around 25 miles per day even when I've never moved it from the garage.

1. I've installed a new USB device to record events;

2. I've rebooted the car twice in the past week (holding both buttons down, etc.);

3. I've refomatted the drive several times; and

4. I've checked the box to disable Sentry at home, etc. and our home address is accurate in the car.

Still doing a recording and flashing the lights every minute.

Software version is 2022.4.5.3

Fixed me issue of sentry mode not recording despite telling me it detected events.

Tesla, please just fix this issue and stop using resources to add more games to my car! I know they have different departments working on different things but seems like there should be priorities, especially for bug fixes and features that need improvements. And how much longer and I going to have to wait to get this new crappy UI fixed?

Are there any security cameras where it keeps triggering? I noticed mine will trigger when my security camera switches to nightvision. I also noticed that sometimes when it does this, it causes the sentry to flash the headlights, which causes my security camera to turn off nightvision, which then causes it to repeat when it switches back to nightvision...
Sounds like your Tesla and security cameras are having too much fun playing pranks on each other..

Also as of a year ago, Ring has contracts with over 1800 (1 in 10) police departments in the country to give them live access to your security cameras. Apparently they give you the option to opt-out of this now, but I don’t trust a company that does this in the first place..