Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode Triggering every minutes

This has been happening to me as well since updating to 2021.36.5.5, and now 2021.36.8. Every minute the lights flash. The car is parked in my garage and there is definitely nothing moving around the car.
I have been having the same problem off and on since getting my car in August. But it is getting worse. Now it is happening during daytime also. I have rebooted the software, turned sentry totally off and tried changing a setting in my Iphone( as someone suggested on YouTube.) Please is there anything else to try. Have Tesla service coming, but not for a week. Meanwhile it is disturbing my neighbors with the constant honking.

avs007

May 14, 2021
PacNW
I have been having the same problem off and on since getting my car in August. But it is getting worse. Now it is happening during daytime also. I have rebooted the software, turned sentry totally off and tried changing a setting in my Iphone( as someone suggested on YouTube.) Please is there anything else to try. Have Tesla service coming, but not for a week. Meanwhile it is disturbing my neighbors with the constant honking.
Honking? If it's honking your alarm is going off... Sentry mode, I don't think will honk your horn. Does the Tesla have an impact sensor? I know one of my other cars has the OEM impact sensor mounted on the steering column... If you kicked the wheel, or hit the windshield with the palm of your hand, the alarm would go off... At the time, we lived near railroad tracks, so everytime a train came by, the alarm would go off... Drove the neighbors nuts... I had to turn the sensitivity way down.

StephenF

Sep 12, 2020
Seattle
I took my Y into the service shop with my hard drive fill of 1-minute triggers. They said they could not replicate it and all systems were operating properly. They said I needed to just turn it off and wait for a software update.
I really need the Sentry, since the alley at my house is the most likely place for vandalism.

avs007

May 14, 2021
PacNW
Why not set up a Ring or Nest camera on the back of the house.

Thats essentially what I'm going to have to do. Just had a neighbor complaining my MY was flashing the front of their house all night...

I'd lean towards Nest and not Ring... I used to have a bunch of Rings... They are slow to connect, and the motion detection is garbage. One time someone comitted a felony in front of my front door, right in the center of my Ring's view, but when the Police came by, my Ring didn't capture sh!t. All my nest cameras tho, captured everything. I've since ditched my Ring2 doorbells for Nest Hellos.

Jjrss

Mar 9, 2021
Tacoma
I'd lean towards Nest and not Ring... I used to have a bunch of Rings... They are slow to connect, and the motion detection is garbage. One time someone comitted a felony in front of my front door, right in the center of my Ring's view, but when the Police came by, my Ring didn't capture sh!t. All my nest cameras tho, captured everything. I've since ditched my Ring2 doorbells for Nest Hellos.
Ive found door bell camers to be garbage... I updated to a Amcrest PoE system for higher resolution and local recording. Just installed 1 of 4 cameras today for watching my driveway.

avs007

May 14, 2021
PacNW
Ive found door bell camers to be garbage... I updated to a Amcrest PoE system for higher resolution and local recording. Just installed 1 of 4 cameras today for watching my driveway.
Yeah, depends on what you are using it for... Funnily enough tho, I actually have an Amcrest PoE camera with a Sony Sensor and 25x optical zoom that I use to watch the entrance of our Cul de sac, to capture license plates of cars coming and going. Works really well for that.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC