Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode turning itself on, Easy Entry?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sentry mode keeps turning itself on and checking all the exclude boxes. Twice I've made sure that "exclude favorites" was unchecked and sentry was off from my mobile device. When I go to turn it on within the car it's already enabled and "exclude favorites" is re-checked.

I think this started happening around the same time I turned on Easy Entry. Anyone else experience this?

Sentry mode keeps turning itself on and checking all the exclude boxes. Twice I've made sure that "exclude favorites" was unchecked and sentry was off from my mobile device. When I go to turn it on within the car it's already enabled and "exclude favorites" is re-checked.

I think this started happening around the same time I turned on Easy Entry. Anyone else experience this?

Yes. Just was hit left front by an Audi on Friday and was shaken up so didn’t turn off Sentry til the next day via my app. Went today - Tuesday to get the memory stick from body shop to see what it saw of the fateful moment and I see that sentry has recorded over it yesterday with useless video of the car being moved into the bay while in tow mode

I think with the last update with pair key to profile my sentry mode does not turn on automatically any more. When I go into security, sentry setting, the options are greyed out. Am I thinking of this the wrong way? I haven't messed around with it for months when they set sentry to auto on which I like.

I think with the last update with pair key to profile my sentry mode does not turn on automatically any more. When I go into security, sentry setting, the options are greyed out. Am I thinking of this the wrong way? I haven't messed around with it for months when they set sentry to auto on which I like.

Sentry has continued to work as I would expect since that update. Have you tried removing and reinserting the flash drive? Rebooted the MCU?

Yes. Just was hit left front by an Audi on Friday and was shaken up so didn’t turn off Sentry til the next day via my app. Went today - Tuesday to get the memory stick from body shop to see what it saw of the fateful moment and I see that sentry has recorded over it yesterday with useless video of the car being moved into the bay while in tow mode

Sorry to hear about that. Hope you're feeling better. So what does one need to do to preserve footage in the case of an event like this?

Figured it out. My home setting got cleared. By who or patch I don't know. Once I saved my home location again, the sentry option in security setting was working and sentry is now on by default when I park.

Funny the setting actually said to use sentry, save a home address but I already had one so I didn't check. Lesson learned.