Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode turns on at home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the mobile app can show you the address where you are. Look at it once you're home to see if it's different than what you expect...if so, set that as your home address.
Setting the Home location in the car requires an address, it won’t use your actual location as shown on the GPS. You might be able to set Home to a different nearby address that’s closer to your parking spot.

Upvote 0
Even though I have set sentry mode to turn off at home it intermittently turns on an I therefore have a lot of vampire drain. Any way I can fix this other than completely turning off sentry mode?
Make sure you change this setting on all driver profiles. Had similar issue and found that my wife’s profile was not set. Once I changed it, it resolved the issue.

Reactions: SFLKiting
Upvote 0
From the manual (Maps and Navigation section):

"Home and Work locations also display under the map's search bar. Touch to set an address to the corresponding location. After entering the address, touch Save as Home or Save as Work. Then simply touch these shortcuts whenever you want to navigate home or to work.

To change or delete the address associated with Home or Work, press and hold its icon and in the popup screen that displays, enter a new address and touch Save as Home or Save as Work, or touch Clear Homeor Clear Work."

Upvote 0