Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode + Valet Mode simultaneously - how does it differ v. Sentry alone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how Sentry Mode differs when Valet Mode is turned on ? I ask because in the generic blurb about Sentry, Tesla describes Alert and Alarm states, but those descriptions don't make a lot of sense if you've given the car to a Valet to deal with and park (a permanent state for me since I live in a high rise). Valets are known to scrape and damage your car here, and they're playing Tetris with your and other cars all day, so you definitely want recording so you can prove it if they goofed. However, you don't want to cause the Valets normal behavior to trigger alarms.

Separate question - is there a way to view the footage remotely? I heard that might be coming.

By the way, I spent over an hour searching around with various searches on the topic. Teslas are a moving target in terms of features, which is great, but the Internet blabber on forums and Reddit is both out of date and very speculative (most search results are a request for sentry + valet to work). I wish Tesla kept better online documentation!

I see. Thanks, Rob. The dashcam when driving is purely tied to the USB storage if you drop a USB drive in there, is that correct? Is dashcam video just front or front and side like Sentry?

Then do we know how the Sentry mode video is stored and for how long? I didn't stick a drive in there (which will happen when I next retrieve my car) but I have seen footage recorded, I'm guessing it's buffered and then stored in someplace in their cloud storage.

I support a new mode called "I Don't Trust the Valets" mode that's more than a different driver profile + slight lockdown of settings.