Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode very buggy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is a November 2019 produced model 3 and I am having many issues with Sentry mode.

In May last year I noticed that the car went to sleep while Sentry mode was active and nothing was recorded (of course). After an extensive logging and analyzing by the tech support. I had the car checked at a SeC. No hardware issues were found. because I was not satisfied I called up again and finally got in contact with someone from the real tech support. After a short analyses he told me it was a software bug. After two updates in June it was finally fixed.

Next up...

In February this year I noticed that Sentry mode started doing weird things again. At thirst I noticed the car blinking but no events were recorded. Then I noticed extreme amounts of evens but 0 recordings or recordings 1 seconds long or no image recordings. Then I noticed Sentry mode not triggering on rear camera and trunk button.

So we started investigating.

After multiple USB drives in different sizes. multiple resets and testing scenarios i called support after some pressure they started investigating. But sadly they did not find anything and asked me to make an appointment at the SeC. After i made my appointment was made I received with the old 'please check the plug instruction'. After calling calling the SeC and telling them what had preceded an engineer called me to ask me to record date and times of the events and so I did. After the car was in for a complete hardware check at the SeC. the final conclusion was they did not know. As of cause it was at the end of the day we got our car back everybody had already left the building. Finally the next day I called them and an engineer told me the only explanation was a bug.

In conclusion so if it is a software bug.. I am currently on version 2021.4.15 then everyone probably has no or a very poor working Sentry system.

The technician also told me it was a non-priority issue. It can only become a priority if everybody starts complaining and starts writing about it.