Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode videos skips to beginning during playback?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is currently on v2020.36.11 and I’ve had this issue since Tesla allowed the ability to scroll your Sentry Mode and DashCam videos. I’m using the Samsung Pro Endurance MicroSD card with an adapter, and while I’ve never had any read/write errors, I would always get issues where the video will either skip back to the beginning of playback when I scroll near the end after the “orange” dot event, or I scroll a little bit before the event and let it play through end, video playback also skips to the beginning.

Playback never occurs to the end of the video and skips back to the beginning, whether I let it play by myself or use the scroll.

Is any one facing the same issue? I’m wondering if it’s my microSD and if I should switch to the Samsung T7 SSD?

Anyone with a Samsung SSD can confirm if they have this issue as well?

The video playback feature is just horrible, IMO. Any time you try to adjust the slider around it just jumps to random locations. It could be much better, that for sure. Even when you take the drive out and attempt to play the clips back on PC, the sliders don't work at all. I've never seen mp4 files behave like this before, so it must be how Tesla is creating the files through their system.

I have a 1 TB SSD, partitioned 150 GB for cam and the rest for music. Mine also jumps to the beginning but not on every clip. 9 out of 10 work fine. On some recordings I have no red dot. And I get the random jump about 50% of the time trying to scroll to the red dot. Has anyone written a windows viewer that incorporates the JSON files.

Reactions: Mercedes fan
Same, one of many annoyances that Tesla can't seem to fix. I have a 2020 model s using the Tesla USB drive or a Kingston 64 GB USB 3.0 all with the same issues. Seeking and jumping back and skipping past the Red Dot are frequent occurrence is occurring in more than 90% of clips. More than a year later, no fix?