Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode Viewer on Iphone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really, you'd have to remove it? That seems like it defeats almost the whole point of this then...
You don't HAVE to remove it, you can just press its power button and get out of the car. When the car turns off it's like the stick has been unplugged. It shows up in it's own WiFi that you can connect your phone to and browse the videos. I have been using the app that comes with the Connect and it's been pretty cool. If I power on the stick before getting out of the car it will not only create its WiFi network, but it will connect to my home network too and I can see the stick from anywhere in my house.

I purchased the app but I have yet to try it, though I watched the videos showing its interface. That's what got me to spend the money. Still looking forward to being able to do this with the center display.

SentryView will soon be compatible with the iXpand usb. I have the beta version thats compatible with it. Bought the 128gb from bestbuy for $40. I had an issue viewing the vids...kept saying folder was empty. Narrowed it down to the way I formatted the drive. If you are using a Mac, make sure you make the scheme “master boot record” and not GUID. After I reformatted with “MBR” it worked perfectly. Vids load fast with no stuttering.

You don't HAVE to remove it, you can just press its power button and get out of the car. When the car turns off it's like the stick has been unplugged. It shows up in it's own WiFi that you can connect your phone to and browse the videos. I have been using the app that comes with the Connect and it's been pretty cool. If I power on the stick before getting out of the car it will not only create its WiFi network, but it will connect to my home network too and I can see the stick from anywhere in my house.

I purchased the app but I have yet to try it, though I watched the videos showing its interface. That's what got me to spend the money. Still looking forward to being able to do this with the center display.
Can you split the Connect for ½ vids and ½ music?

SentryView will soon be compatible with the iXpand usb. I have the beta version thats compatible with it. Bought the 128gb from bestbuy for $40. I had an issue viewing the vids...kept saying folder was empty. Narrowed it down to the way I formatted the drive. If you are using a Mac, make sure you make the scheme “master boot record” and not GUID. After I reformatted with “MBR” it worked perfectly. Vids load fast with no stuttering.
So, based upon that, I am assuming that you can't partition the Connect into two, for music and Sentry videos, cause you can only partition in GUID, and not MBR, correct?

So, based upon that, I am assuming that you can't partition the Connect into two, for music and Sentry videos, cause you can only partition in GUID, and not MBR, correct?

Wish I could answer that but I don’t have music on my usb so haven’t even looked into what is required. Nor tried to see if MBR can be partitioned.

All I know is that I tried twice to get the vids to show and didn’t work. So then I did some searching and saw a post, regarding usb and iPhone, that said to format as MBR...and that worked so I stopped messing with it.

Wish I could answer that but I don’t have music on my usb so haven’t even looked into what is required. Nor tried to see if MBR can be partitioned.

All I know is that I tried twice to get the vids to show and didn’t work. So then I did some searching and saw a post, regarding usb and iPhone, that said to format as MBR...and that worked so I stopped messing with it.
Well, I did try it with 2 partitions, using GUID, and it works. The problem is that it works like any USB stick, music plays and video files are recorded; but it's not like a Connect, which allows you to see the files on the stick using its LAN. To get it to work the way it's supposed to, I'm assuming it needs just the one partition and formatted with MBR. I'm now testing it that way.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
Howdy folks. I have a 64 GB SanDisk Connect that I no longer need. Formatted for TeslaCam and ready to go. Used for four days. They seem to be pretty tough to come by these days for whatever reasons. I'll ship it anywhere in the US for $40.

The only caveat is that unless you commit to it in the next two hours, you'll have to wait for 11 days when I'm next back in town before I can ship it! Message me if you're up late and want it. :)