Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode, viewing recordings on screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't see anywhere this may have been suggested, probably has but anyway.

I have configured the USB for music and TeslaCam partitions, it records all the cameras great but I only see what they captured after returning home, removing USB, plugging into computer and opening the individual files.

it would be so much easier to get into the car see the notifications on the screen as they do and tap it and be able to view the related files then and there on the screen, you would then know immediately if an incident needs reporting to police without the delay of getting home first or if it was just a passing admirer of the car.

Yes, I see your point. Video takes up a lot of bandwidth. However a compromise in the form of a representative still picture from the stream of a resolution appropriate to a phone screen might work. A picture means a thousand words when it comes to distinguishing a real threat from mere curiosity.

Reactions: C141medic
Thanks guys, I didn't know this had been discussed in other forums, it would be good if tapping the sentry alert brought up a few still on screen, I wouldn't expect pics or video to phone app though as mentioned bandwidth issues. I guess everything has been said, if admin want to close thread its fine, thanks again for input.