Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright so finally it's here.
Files are stored in a file per camera, front, left repeater, right repeater
<datetime>-front.mp4
<datetime>-left_repeater.mp4
<datetime>-right_repeater.mp4

They are rougly the same size.

There's 2 directories- SavedClips and RecentClips, where RecentClips contain 2GB of data.
left_repeater is is 0 bytes for some reason in RecentClips.

SavedClips has recordings from Sentry Mode a higher bitrate than RecentClips (not detected stuff?):
Overall bit rate : 4 030 kb/s

Sentry Mode works well on S, it shows the "HAL" screen if you have motion in the repeater cameras.

Right Repeater in RecentClips.

Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42 (mp42/mp41/isom/iso2)
Overall bit rate : 2 979 kb/s

Wait? So it's here like you have it on an MS? What version HW/SW?

Petition for the introduction of SentryMode in all AP2.0 vehicles:

Forward hashtag to Elon

#SentryMode4AP20
Please add „Sentry Mode“ to all AP2.0 cars, also because of this:
Tesla Sentry Mode catches deliberate attack against Model 3, vandal arrested

You're probably better off starting a new thread for this... But after experiencing sentry mode first hand in my model S(much to my surprise and amazement), you are not missing much. You would have to get lucky to get usable footage from the cameras, and also be lucky enough to notice the damage immediately after it happens, so you don't have to watch an hour of footage just to find the incident. It seems to be implemented much better on the model 3 at this time.

Reactions: JohnnyG
You're probably better off starting a new thread for this... But after experiencing sentry mode first hand in my model S(much to my surprise and amazement), you are not missing much. You would have to get lucky to get usable footage from the cameras, and also be lucky enough to notice the damage immediately after it happens, so you don't have to watch an hour of footage just to find the incident. It seems to be implemented much better on the model 3 at this time.

Wait, you don't go around your car making sure everything is fine each time you get in it? :p:p:p