TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Sentry Mode

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Dov888, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Dov888

Dov888 Member

Formatted my USB thumb drive, named the volume TeslaCam and loaded the USB drive. Sure enough, the little Sentry Mode icon popped up. Received activity notifications on Iphone....video is sharp and well lite...all is well. Now, I'd like some guidance in twicking it. .....Can we only review one camera at a time? and, why is it filming my driving? I wasn't aware I badly rolled stop signs!! Is it suggested that the driving sequence not be disengaged? Any other tips? Thanks

2. ntam

ntam Member

Besides the Sentry Mode, the USB drive is also used by the TeslaCam to record the videos from the front and the two side cameras continuously like a dash camera. Please see the link below:

Discover Software Version 9.0

Sentry Mode was added later on.

3. Dov888

Dov888 Member

Thanks for the update!!

4. Dov888

Dov888 Member

5. Dov888

Dov888 Member

I know any "threats" to the car are recorded on the USB Drive. Can they be sent to your iphone as well without having to playback the USB Drive at a later date??

6. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

There isn't a great solution at this time. In the future I expect Tesla will allow you to watch it from the main screen, the Tesla phone app, or maybe both.

There is a thread about one solution right now using a specific USB device that has Wi-Fi and a phone app to match around here somewhere, but it seemed kinda iffy to me.

7. Dov888

Dov888 Member

Makes more sense to enable the main screen to replay right then for obvious reasons...maybe on the next update. Anyone figure out how to get rid of the obnoxious cow bell stream????

8. M.V.P.

M.V.P. Member

Does anyone know if/when Sentry Mode will start working on AP 2.0 cars? My 2017 MX AP 2.0 running 2019.16.2 software only writes empty files to the thumb drive currently (previously reported & known behavior). Was wondering if anyone out there with an AP 2.0 car running 2019.20.x software was able to get Sentry Mode to start writing full files yet?

• Love x 1
  9. jajabor

jajabor Member

Nope, I have 2017 MX with AP 2.0 running 2019.20.x and it still doesn't write to thumb drive.

• Informative x 1
  10. gigawatt1010

gigawatt1010 Member

How did you get the iPhone notification for Sentry mode?

11. M.V.P.

M.V.P. Member

Thanks...blah :-(