Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Formatted my USB thumb drive, named the volume TeslaCam and loaded the USB drive. Sure enough, the little Sentry Mode icon popped up. Received activity notifications on Iphone....video is sharp and well lite...all is well. Now, I'd like some guidance in twicking it. .....Can we only review one camera at a time? and, why is it filming my driving? I wasn't aware I badly rolled stop signs!! Is it suggested that the driving sequence not be disengaged? Any other tips? Thanks

I know any "threats" to the car are recorded on the USB Drive. Can they be sent to your iphone as well without having to playback the USB Drive at a later date??

There isn't a great solution at this time. In the future I expect Tesla will allow you to watch it from the main screen, the Tesla phone app, or maybe both.

There is a thread about one solution right now using a specific USB device that has Wi-Fi and a phone app to match around here somewhere, but it seemed kinda iffy to me.

Does anyone know if/when Sentry Mode will start working on AP 2.0 cars? My 2017 MX AP 2.0 running 2019.16.2 software only writes empty files to the thumb drive currently (previously reported & known behavior). Was wondering if anyone out there with an AP 2.0 car running 2019.20.x software was able to get Sentry Mode to start writing full files yet?

• Love
Reactions: dogldogl
Does anyone know if/when Sentry Mode will start working on AP 2.0 cars? My 2017 MX AP 2.0 running 2019.16.2 software only writes empty files to the thumb drive currently (previously reported & known behavior). Was wondering if anyone out there with an AP 2.0 car running 2019.20.x software was able to get Sentry Mode to start writing full files yet?

Nope, I have 2017 MX with AP 2.0 running 2019.20.x and it still doesn't write to thumb drive.

• Informative
Reactions: dogldogl