Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sentry mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to sentry mode. I noticed when enabling the sentry mode on the touch screen under safety and security, it states " will automatically be activated upon parking and leaving the car." When this is enabled, I noticed when leaving the car that my security mode on my phone is not activated nor is the little red light activated on the touch screen. So in other words, is sentry mode recording once I enable via the touch screen and leave the car? Do I have to even bother to manually turn on sentry mode from my Tesla App? I noticed other threads indicate you have to manually turn on sentry mode each and every time. Sorry this is so long but I'm a little confused.

sentry mode failed to automatically activate after last os update . vandal obviously noticed no lights flashing or on s reen message so they broke the window and rifled through center console compartments. and cam had also stopped recording at last os update so no video taken of vandal. damn. also realuzed thieves can simply remove usb stick effectively removing evidence. usb port stick should at least be located in trunk.

In new vehicles its in the glove compartment, so they have adapted to that.

Upvote 0