Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New member here. Happy to have joined the forum. Placed my order last July 10 for M3LR with EDD sometime in Nov or Dec. Sorry if this has been asked before. My buddy who has a M3 said that Teslas are sometimes targets of vandalism as it's happen twice to him. Once spray painted the sides and second someone keyed it. All caught on sentry mode. On a funny note he said with sentry mode several times he's caught people taking selfies with his car. Was just curious if others have had similar experiences?

Reactions: Vawlkus
Not for me so far in three years on the mean streets of Toronto. If you watch Wham Baam Teslacam, vandals are lurking everywhere but so far they haven't found my car. I'm hoping that the risk will diminish further as model 3's become more and more common. I do leave sentry mode on when not in my driveway but stopped checking the videos after the first couple. When returning to the car after it's been parked in a public area, I take a cursory look at both sides of the car then safely ignore the recordings.

Enjoy your new car this winter!

New member here. Happy to have joined the forum. Placed my order last July 10 for M3LR with EDD sometime in Nov or Dec. Sorry if this has been asked before. My buddy who has a M3 said that Teslas are sometimes targets of vandalism as it's happen twice to him. Once spray painted the sides and second someone keyed it. All caught on sentry mode. On a funny note he said with sentry mode several times he's caught people taking selfies with his car. Was just curious if others have had similar experiences?

@Eebm3 you may want to do some binging (and optionally subscribe to) Wham Bam Teslacam on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/WhamBaamTeslacam

Reactions: ccudmore
Does Sentry Mode trigger a recording when TPMS sensor is triggered while parked and away from the car? I ask because I got my new 2022 Tesla Model X tire slashed along with a dozen other cars, inclusive of cars adjacent to mine. Sentry Mode was recording movement the entire day EXCEPT the vandal that slashed the multiple victims of myself and my neighbouring ones. It's so weird it didn't record any movement or slashing of the other cars as well. But did a very good job of triggering recordings of people walking by or the roller coaster passing by in the distance.

Not to make light of your situation, my sentry mode

Attachments

• IMG_4761.jpeg
    IMG_4761.jpeg
    681.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Love
Reactions: angus[Y]oung