Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just tried this too and it fixed it!
Nice!!! How long did you let it sleep for? If that matters…
I just tried this too and it fixed it!
Did not work for me. Well, sort of.

Turned off Cabin overheat.
Turned off Sentry
Walked away from vehicle, let it lock.
Turned off bluetooth.
Let the car sleep for a few hours.
Woke from phone/app.
Turned on Sentry from app.
Approached car with no phone/bluetooth off.

Sentry alert.

Checked recording, it's a 0.5 second loop of my opening the car door a minute after the sentry alert.

Also, after re-locking the car and just trying again, no more Sentry alerts, back to the way it was.

Also worth noting, after that first "success," Sentry was marked off on the Safety page, but appeared on on the icon on the top of the display next to dash cam.

So.... no real change for me here unfortunately.

Anyone had luck with this? My new Model Y is not recording sentry events either. Delivered 5/28 no radar. My M3P has no issues so I know something is up with the Y
Nope. Tesla seems to now say it’s an issue and will be fixed with an update. Appears to be no real fix. The hard resets and letting it sleep with everything off doesn’t seem to hold for most.

Reactions: ropogigio724
Nope. Tesla seems to now say it’s an issue and will be fixed with an update. Appears to be no real fix. The hard resets and letting it sleep with everything off doesn’t seem to hold for most.
Thanks! Yeah my service center had me format the drive and do a scroll wheel reset which I have done multiple times and of course didn’t work. Waiting to see what they want me to do next

Yup - i've tried even a full restore, don't bother. Appears to be a just general issue, but I too am still entertaining my service centers requests. Good luck!
This is what I got from my service center, I had a feeling it was more of a software glitch.

Attachments

• B637A565-4C2B-4283-9C6F-61D3B9A6EC2C.png
    B637A565-4C2B-4283-9C6F-61D3B9A6EC2C.png
    175.5 KB · Views: 125
  • BC62437B-D823-4786-93FB-F40A7CF2BBFC.png
    BC62437B-D823-4786-93FB-F40A7CF2BBFC.png
    362.2 KB · Views: 113
This seems to be true for
I can confirm just got 2021.4.18.3 and sentry finally works!! Tried it multiple times to make sure it wasn’t a fluke.
This seems to be true for me as well. Not thoroughly tested yet, but for me with .2 it wouldn't record anything. I just got the .3 update and tested after installation. It immediately worked. I turned on sentry mode from the car for my little test. Will see how it goes.

This seems to be true for

This seems to be true for me as well. Not thoroughly tested yet, but for me with .2 it wouldn't record anything. I just got the .3 update and tested after installation. It immediately worked. I turned on sentry mode from the car for my little test. Will see how it goes.
That worked for me too. However after that initial test, it went back to not working

Reactions: Zhe Wiz