Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry notices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had 2 notices of suspicious actvity from Sentry. How do I view? Sorry I’m a new owner and still learning all the new features.
If you didn't have a USB formatted for FAT 32 already installed, then you are SOL.

Go here if you didn't: [V9] How to Format USB into 2 Partitions for DashCam and Music [Windows]

No need for the Music folder, but it will tell you how to format the drive to use with DashCam/Sentry.

Edit: Some drives already come formatted FAT32 (mine did) so you simply need to add a folder named TeslaCam. When you plug it in to the USB you will see a red to indicating it is recording properly. So you may not even need to format.

Last edited:
Unfortunately there's no real way to "Check" it from the app, if that's what you're asking. You'll need to pull out your USB and manually check it under your "Saved" clips.

I know Tesla is working on Video playback in the future, hopefully that includes clip playback from the app itself so you can do that remotely too if desired.

How did you get notices. ?
I never know if Sentry mode has been activated.

If you have 2019.12 or newer, you get this...

1F60AD1B-078E-4D20-A352-6DDB7451F6B7.jpeg

The only way to see the events is to pull the USB. Clicking on the message does nothing, goes away once you put in gear.

Last week I had one session that had 58 events over two hours. Didn't even bother looking at all the videos.

• Informative
Reactions: SoCalDude