Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry USB Disconnected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same issues here with my Samsung SSD, additionally, pulling up sentry events was taking upwards of a minute before they would load but this has been going on for maybe 6 weeks or so. There is plenty of space, I have a 1Tb device. Oddly, the original Tesla thumb drive has been working without issues and pulls up the sentry events in just a few seconds. Are you guys doing a soft reset to try and resolve the issue?

Same issues here with my Samsung SSD, additionally, pulling up sentry events was taking upwards of a minute before they would load but this has been going on for maybe 6 weeks or so. There is plenty of space, I have a 1Tb device. Oddly, the original Tesla thumb drive has been working without issues and pulls up the sentry events in just a few seconds. Are you guys doing a soft reset to try and resolve the issue?
There are a few threads on the topic so far none have worked and it returns. Someone opened a ticket up on reddit and the SA says it's fixed in 2022.16 along with the trunk issue. I'm on day two of trying a slow format on a pc and it hasn't returned. But I'm sure it will until the bug is fixed.

You have to reformat your SSD every once in a while or clear out your sentry mode events. The more sentry mode events you have on your hard drive the slower the in car viewer will load.

My guess would be the in car viewer tries to rebuild an index every time you open the viewer, so the more events you have the longer it takes to index.

same here. thought my microSD card (high endurance) was going bad... but no. different card and same issues. 1/3 of the time the camera will not be active and just have a crossed X red symbol. reformatting the card in the vehicle works and fixes it... but it's very annoying. especially when you realize the cam is not working after driving a while. P.S, it looks like the latest update fixed it... but too early to tell

I suspect this error occurs every time the USB is full, so it's not looping and overwriting the oldest files. Quickest workaround is to format in the car. However, this sometimes takes several attempts to run successfully. Depending on the number of events and size of USB drive will affect the frequency of how often you need to format. Had a problem yesterday where the USB would not format at all from the car. Did a format from my PC and created the TeslaCam folder, and we're back up and recording again. I drive 160+ miles every day, so this has become a very common procedure for me. Hope it is fixed soon.

Reactions: calidreamz808
I suspect this error occurs every time the USB is full, so it's not looping and overwriting the oldest files. Quickest workaround is to format in the car. However, this sometimes takes several attempts to run successfully. Depending on the number of events and size of USB drive will affect the frequency of how often you need to format. Had a problem yesterday where the USB would not format at all from the car. Did a format from my PC and created the TeslaCam folder, and we're back up and recording again. I drive 160+ miles every day, so this has become a very common procedure for me. Hope it is fixed soon.
Same issue on my brand new sd card I bought and tried thinking my old one was finally dead. Clearly a software issue and should be fixed soon

I don't think its the over writing thats causing the error. I had the error and had no videos saved on a 500GB SSD.

Reactions: OliverM3
I don’t know if anyone have this issue or posted. I could find the post, I apologize if someone posted and advance. My Model 3 randomly sentry mode disabled not able to record anything during drive or parked. Have to reset each time. It’s frustrating always have to check before the drive. I’ve asked mobile service and they said is a software update to fi, does anyone know if 2022.16.1.2 will fix it?

I don’t know if anyone have this issue or posted. I could find the post, I apologize if someone posted and advance. My Model 3 randomly sentry mode disabled not able to record anything during drive or parked. Have to reset each time. It’s frustrating always have to check before the drive. I’ve asked mobile service and they said is a software update to fi, does anyone know if 2022.16.1.2 will fix it?

(moderator note: I merged your new thread into the existing discussion thread on this topic. I only mention it, because it will look somewhat out of place to others to see you say 'I dont know if anyone has this issue or posted...." in a two page thread about the issue.

I'm started having this issue after the 2022.12.2.3 update.

I've tried reformatting in my car, reformatting on a computer, changing the SSD from MBR to GPT and I'm still having this issue.

It appears to happen after my car goes to sleep, I have to unplug and plug the SSD back in twice to get the cameras to start recording again. So for the past two software updates my trunk sometimes doesn't open all the way and now my dashcam/sentry mode stops working randomly.
Having the same issue with the trunk opening partially and the dashcam drive showing a "x" every morning. Then I have to reformat it, and dashcam is good for the rest of the day. The next morning, after sitting in the garage all night, the "x" appears and then I go through the same routine. I didn't have any troubles until now. I've had the same Samsung drive for over a year. I actually bought another one and tried it, but same results. The trunk partially opening is kind of a hit or miss thing, but just started doing that also. It does sound like a software issue with the last updates.

Having the same issue with the trunk opening partially and the dashcam drive showing a "x" every morning. Then I have to reformat it, and dashcam is good for the rest of the day. The next morning, after sitting in the garage all night, the "x" appears and then I go through the same routine. I didn't have any troubles until now. I've had the same Samsung drive for over a year. I actually bought another one and tried it, but same results. The trunk partially opening is kind of a hit or miss thing, but just started doing that also. It does sound like a software issue with the last updates.
What software version are you on. It was fixed in 2022.16.xx.