Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Video Quality Enhancement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something that can "stack" video frames into a single still image, with proper alignments, would improve the readability. Probably not worth the effort. Astrophotography would be one application that uses that kind of processing. As for TV show style picture enhancements... no.

If your sentry mode videos are as blurry and pixelated as mine is, there isn't much you can do to enhance the quality but maybe the parking lot had its own cameras? See if you can ask them for footage from your timestamps.

Thanks for the advice, this looks like difficult going unless the the numbers on the plate are within 5 feet. I did get the store video, it was from the roof of the Home Depot and was even worse quality, fairly useless. Unfortunately it was a runaway shopping cart, so no hit and run.

maybe post a screenshot (zoomed in) of the clip as bmp and we can see if we can enhance it?
Thank you! Here are two screen shots, I will try to get video posted soon, but these are likely the closest his car got on the Sentry Video. Any assistance would be great!

Attachments

• IMG_6927.jpeg
    IMG_6927.jpeg
    577 KB · Views: 154
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 11.47.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 11.47.43 PM.png
    481.6 KB · Views: 89