Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry videos not displaying

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
My sentry/dashcam seems to be recording, but the in car viewer doesn't appear to be able to display them. Using a Samsung t5 500gb formatted by the car. This was working until yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_20200704_121516.jpg
    IMG_20200704_121516.jpg
    733.5 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_20200704_121524.jpg
    IMG_20200704_121524.jpg
    654.6 KB · Views: 204
  • Disagree
Reactions: steve86
Something is definitely very weird with sentry mode in the current version. After testing yesterday and getting no videos, I get to my car this afternoon and there are 25 sentry events (in my garage, with videos. But I cannot see what triggered it( nothing suspect around the time if the red dot). Furthermore, I got one video that is almost an hour long!!!(56 minutes to be exact)??
Looking at the actual files on the thumb drive, it seems it recorded the files for the hour reply under the recent files folder, although it shows up on the sentry section in the viewer. Definitely some things to sort out still.
Hope this is fixed in 24.6.5

Last edited:
Samsung T7 500 GB drive, came formatted as exFAT and plugged into the USB-C port (disconnected wireless chargers)

2020.20.xx.xx: Worked fine (came with my car)
2020.24.6.4: Worked fine (I tried sentry mode)
2020.24.6.5: Works fine (downloaded yesterday, used it today), I was able to save and view cam footage

Samsung T7 500 GB drive, came formatted as exFAT and plugged into the USB-C port (disconnected wireless chargers)

2020.20.xx.xx: Worked fine (came with my car)
2020.24.6.4: Worked fine (I tried sentry mode)
2020.24.6.5: Works fine (downloaded yesterday, used it today), I was able to save and view cam footage
Thanks for the info, tested sentry today away from home, and that seems to work fine. Viewing the footage is sometimes weird, if you press on the progress/time bar at the bottom to go to a specific time, it jumps to there (which is fine) but then after playing a while it seems to skip to another spot (unprovoked)

Something is definitely very weird with sentry mode in the current version. After testing yesterday and getting no videos, I get to my car this afternoon and there are 25 sentry events (in my garage, with videos. But I cannot see what triggered it( nothing suspect around the time if the red dot). Furthermore, I got one video that is almost an hour long!!!(56 minutes to be exact)??
Looking at the actual files on the thumb drive, it seems it recorded the files for the hour reply under the recent files folder, although it shows up on the sentry section in the viewer. Definitely some things to sort out still.
Hope this is fixed in 24.6.5

I have never entered the car without it telling me that it has recorded at least five sentry events. Today, when I tried to see what's going on, the internal viewer wouldn't function. I took the USB to my Macbook and the most recent clips on the USB were several weeks old. Clicking on video files directly launched QuickTime but it couldn't open the files. Going from QuickTime to select the files from Finder allowed me to view them. They were very boring ;-)) All in all, doesn't seem ready for prime time.