Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #29 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed the Tesla Cybertruck's expected 1 MW Ultra-Fast Charging capability, the Tesla Semi Delivery Event, the coming Model 3 refresh (project "Highland"), and more. You can watch it now on YouTube.

Sentry works when it wants.

Hi Guys,

My Sentry works when it wants to. I don't have any location excluded in my cat settings. The sentry onscreen warning does not come on when u approach the car. What I see on the screen is "tap key card to open". Then sometimes it records. I also don't see any onscreen notification that sentry has recorded something. Anyone else experiencing this?

I really need this feature working.

@PERRYCURTISE Have you verified that your storage device (USB stick, micro SD card, SSD, etc.) is working and recording? When parked you can press the icon to do a manual recording and then check to see if that is working? Perhaps it was never properly set up or it never identified your storage device? I'd also do that with nothing else plugged in. No extra USB connections for music, phone, etc. just the storage for sentry files. If you have newer MY then it probably came with USB stick in glove box already, no extra stick needed.

Hi Guys,

My Sentry works when it wants to. I don't have any location excluded in my cat settings. The sentry onscreen warning does not come on when u approach the car. What I see on the screen is "tap key card to open". Then sometimes it records. I also don't see any onscreen notification that sentry has recorded something. Anyone else experiencing this?

I really need this feature working.

Is yours one of the new "vision" cars? I read that they were having issues with sentry (among other things) with them on the newer software.

Reactions: mohy_23
@PERRYCURTISE Have you verified that your storage device (USB stick, micro SD card, SSD, etc.) is working and recording? When parked you can press the icon to do a manual recording and then check to see if that is working? Perhaps it was never properly set up or it never identified your storage device? I'd also do that with nothing else plugged in. No extra USB connections for music, phone, etc. just the storage for sentry files. If you have newer MY then it probably came with USB stick in glove box already, no extra stick needed.
It records just fine. No issues with recording. I see recording log for my drives but not sentry

It records just fine. No issues with recording. I see recording log for my drives but not dem

that's not the case. I've turned my phone Bluetooth off and approached my phone and nothing happens. I've also had other people approach my car when I'm beyond Bluetooth range and sentry still doesn't come on. I can see from this forum that people have similar problem.
Exactly. I once had the same issue. I has to remove the hard drive to delete on a computer as it was a lot

Mine doing same june 22nd delivery seems only front cam / radar working then all of a sudden it all working n detecting side advances I've reported as issue n at mo booked 4 July 16 just hoping it's glitch they can sort over the air .if you report they may get finger out

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC