Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry works when it wants.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

My Sentry works when it wants to. I don't have any location excluded in my cat settings. The sentry onscreen warning does not come on when u approach the car. What I see on the screen is "tap key card to open". Then sometimes it records. I also don't see any onscreen notification that sentry has recorded something. Anyone else experiencing this?

I really need this feature working.

I also don't see any reasoning behind when it works. The other day it recorded 127 events in a two hour period of a tree shadow moving across an object it was parked next to, but didn't record someone scuffing the car door at a different location.

@PERRYCURTISE Have you verified that your storage device (USB stick, micro SD card, SSD, etc.) is working and recording? When parked you can press the icon to do a manual recording and then check to see if that is working? Perhaps it was never properly set up or it never identified your storage device? I'd also do that with nothing else plugged in. No extra USB connections for music, phone, etc. just the storage for sentry files. If you have newer MY then it probably came with USB stick in glove box already, no extra stick needed.

Hi Guys,

My Sentry works when it wants to. I don't have any location excluded in my cat settings. The sentry onscreen warning does not come on when u approach the car. What I see on the screen is "tap key card to open". Then sometimes it records. I also don't see any onscreen notification that sentry has recorded something. Anyone else experiencing this?

I really need this feature working.

Is yours one of the new "vision" cars? I read that they were having issues with sentry (among other things) with them on the newer software.

Reactions: mohy_23
@PERRYCURTISE Have you verified that your storage device (USB stick, micro SD card, SSD, etc.) is working and recording? When parked you can press the icon to do a manual recording and then check to see if that is working? Perhaps it was never properly set up or it never identified your storage device? I'd also do that with nothing else plugged in. No extra USB connections for music, phone, etc. just the storage for sentry files. If you have newer MY then it probably came with USB stick in glove box already, no extra stick needed.
It records just fine. No issues with recording. I see recording log for my drives but not sentry

It records just fine. No issues with recording. I see recording log for my drives but not dem

Mine doing same june 22nd delivery seems only front cam / radar working then all of a sudden it all working n detecting side advances I've reported as issue n at mo booked 4 July 16 just hoping it's glitch they can sort over the air .if you report they may get finger out