Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor SentryAI: AI-filtering for humans in Sentry/Dashcam footage!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just to confirm, your app works with this card reader using this card reader's own lightning port without having to go through another adapter correct?

That adapter uses a third-party code to communicate with its own app x-disk. I would recommend buying another $9 microSD/lightning adpater to get this working seamlessly. If you really want to stick with that adapter, you would need to plug USB-A -> USB-A -> lightning adapter.

A couple thoughts on your great software. It would be nice if the point in the video where the person was spotted were identified so I am not scrubbing through the videos. Also, I tried to save the videos where I found someone taking a leak on my charging cable, but it crashed the program. Upon opening the app again, that video was gone, but it was still on my USB drive.

• Funny
Reactions: hydro 481
A couple thoughts on your great software. It would be nice if the point in the video where the person was spotted were identified so I am not scrubbing through the videos. Also, I tried to save the videos where I found someone taking a leak on my charging cable, but it crashed the program. Upon opening the app again, that video was gone, but it was still on my USB drive.

We found that crash from another user, we will be patching it in our next iteration.

We also introduced scrubbing speeds.

As for the identification of the point where humans are detected. We will give that a go, but for a 1 minute video, a 2x-4x scrub may offer sufficient speed to get through it relatively quickly.

Cheers,
James

• Helpful
Reactions: Reeler
Hey,

I haven't, we are testing with NAS, I will contact you with a free code to test our next update with the Roadie to see if it works if you are interested.

James
If it works with uploading files to a NAS I’m assuming it should work with a “roadie” as well since it is only a Raspberrypi zero w in a case. I have a Raspberrypi zero W (as a few others in this forum) configured as a Tesla sentry/dashcam by using the marcone teslausb software. Hoping that the feature in your app, so we can view our sentry/dashcam clips wirelessly through the Raspberrypi, is integrated soon. Thanks

Crickets?

Hey everyone, sorry I've been working diligently on the update!

It's now released on the App Store.

We've added NAS support, so yes this will work wirelessly with any NAS using the SMBv2 protocol and later.

I'll be sending the user with the Roadie their comp code today for testing our software.

We've added scrubbing to the videos as well based on user requests.

iPad UI is now improved based on user feedback.

Deleting videos no longer causes crashes.

• Love
Reactions: C141medic

We've added NAS support, so yes this will work wirelessly with any NAS using the SMBv2 protocol and later.

I'll be sending the user with the Roadie their comp code today for testing our software.

James,

Thanks for the comp code. I'm not sure if the Roadie uses the SMB protocol or not because, unfortunately it does not seem to appear the SSID shows up in the Files app, and that's what SentryAI shows.

As I mentioned in this post, the Roadie does not appear to have the same TeslaCam folder structure as normally seen so I'm not sure how SentryAI would work at all.

The roadie has its own SSID WiFi connection broadcast and was able to connect to that WiFi, and connect to the Roadie via its own app, but SentryAI does not show this WiFi connection.

I would have assumed you have received the Roadie to do testing before this update but I guess not.

I'm sure @C141medic can assist with this new update and provide feedback since he already purchased it and has a normal Raspberry Pi with TeslaCam folder structure.

Reactions: C141medic

So this is confirmed to work with Roadie?