Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor SentryAI: AI-filtering for humans in Sentry/Dashcam footage!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sentryai

Former Vendor
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Hey TMC Community!

After my model 3 got keyed last year during a day of rain, I rushed to view the Sentry footage and saw over 350 events. With no way of isolating the actual incident, I set out to make an app that could classify humans using the new machine-learning packages within the iOS environment.

UPDATED TO VERSION 2.0!
- Now supports NAS, add your NAS to the native Files app on iOS and it will display in our app
- Added scrubbing
- Improved iPad UI that makes use of space by user request
- Fixed crash on delete for videos

I'm happy to introduce SentryAI, this app:

1) enables rapid viewing of Sentry / Dashcam footage using an adapter + a generic USB drive;
2) uses AI on iOS to quickly filter through the footage for only the ones with a human in them

Requirements: iOS13+, generic USB, USB to lightning adapter, external USB-C power if you use a SSD/Hard-drive
Buyer's guide: Buyer’s Guide – Sentry AI

Direct App Store Link: ‎SentryAI
Reddit thread: SentryAI v2.0 - Bulk filtering for humans in Sentry/Dashcam Footage : teslamotors

Support email: [email protected]

Disclaimer: I am the owner of the app and an approved vendor with TMC.

Thanks!
James

Last edited:
Hi James,
Any possibility of supporting a Raspberrypi that’s set up as a sentry/dashcam drive? Some of us have this configuration and it would be awesome if we can connect to it wirelessly through your app and view the videos. Thanks.
I have the Roadie setup in my car and I would love to combine it with this app but thats probably not likely.

Edit: I just read their Reddit thread and the developer did mention that they are looking into adding support for NAS/Roadie.

Last edited:
A lot of us have ac Endurance MircroSD card paired with a USB card reader for the sentry cam. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D72L4Q7

This USB card reader has it's own lightning adapter. Will you be able to test compatibility with it?

Also, how long will the launch price lasts. Don't want to purchase it just to find out it doesn't work with my setup.

Hi there!

I've ordered it and it should arrive in a day or so for me to test it.

Keep you posted.

Launch price lasts until April 1st, 2020.

Last edited:
Hey James, does the AI algorithm detect the presence of humans in general or must the face be visible to trigger the video tag?

i.e. if you only see a body brush by the car and not the face, or even the person if far away, does the AI handle these cases?

Thanks for the question!

Initially, Apple released their classifier for just the face, in a later release they included the whole body. We used an updated version of their classifier so are able to pick up any humans regardless of whether or not their face is clearly shown.

People are a threat I would like to know about, but what about other cars that may have hit your car when they were parking but you didn't notice the damage. Do you, or do you plan to, filter objects like other cars that came really close to the car as well?

Any plans to send a couple of still images of people or objects that got close to the car by email in real time?

Reactions: 6thDAY
People are a threat I would like to know about, but what about other cars that may have hit your car when they were parking but you didn't notice the damage. Do you, or do you plan to, filter objects like other cars that came really close to the car as well?

Any plans to send a couple of still images of people or objects that got close to the car by email in real time?

That's a great idea!

Hopefully AI can recognize people as well as objects moving close to our cars, like shopping carts, etc

Reactions: TLLMRRJ