Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SentryView App Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I go to the app store (iPhone), the SentryView app indicates that it will only work with the SanDisk Wireless Stick. There have been several posters on here indicating that this app will also work with the SanDisk iXpand Mini Flash Drive. If this is indeed the case, why wouldn't the developer indicate this in the description? Wouldn't he get more purchasers?

When I go to the app store (iPhone), the SentryView app indicates that it will only work with the SanDisk Wireless Stick. There have been several posters on here indicating that this app will also work with the SanDisk iXpand Mini Flash Drive. If this is indeed the case, why wouldn't the developer indicate this in the description? Wouldn't he get more purchasers?

He would have to purchase the drive and test it.

Honestly the app is not that great, it’s pretty overrated for what it does and how much it costs. It freezes on me during playback among other things.

Yea, I'd rather play the carry flash into the house game until we get proper playback on the screen. Hopefully the first release of V20 will have it.

After you watch a few it becomes BORING looking at endless nothing.

There’s several of us that are beta testing the version that supports the iXpand flash drive. It’s taking longer than the developer expected because SanDisk has to approve the app in addition to Apple. The performance of the iXpand drive is much better than the wireless drive.

There’s several of us that are beta testing the version that supports the iXpand flash drive. It’s taking longer than the developer expected because SanDisk has to approve the app in addition to Apple. The performance of the iXpand drive is much better than the wireless drive.

So if I download the current one from the app store, will it support the iXpand drive?

So if I download the current one from the app store, will it support the iXpand drive?

No, but if you do the following it will:

1. Purchase the existing version
2. Click on the gear icon
3. Select FAQ/Support
4. Scroll down and request the beta
5. Follow the directions in the email that you receive

The beta version works great. I just used it today. It works so much better than the wireless USB drive.