TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Separation Anxiety (Leaving my Tesla...)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by carrerascott, Jun 2, 2013.

1. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Going to Australia for 4 weeks. Sure gonna miss the S and hate driving ICE cars for a whole month!

uploadfromtaptalk1370181204410.jpg

2. Mark Simons

Mark Simons Member

Great garage... wow do I love garage pictures.

3. K Hall

K Hall Member

Have a safe trip Scott.

4. Mark Petersen

Mark Petersen Model S EU P71

I feel your pain
    I'm going to San Francisco for 2 month just before my P85+ will be delivered

5. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Definitely no Model S in Australia - Yet.
    Bring a jumper it's winter over here.

6. JoshG

JoshG Member

that will be rougher than Australia since you'll be seeing Model S vehicles everywhere in SF. I'm seeing 5-7 per day on average lately.

7. DEinspanjer

DEinspanjer Member

We are planning a two week trip down to Memphis, TN in a few weeks, and I'm bummed to no end that we can't take the MS because of the frustrating lack of charging capabilities in Virginia, West Virginia, and Tennessee. We were so desperate, we even contemplated the idea of driving as far as Harrisburg VA and then renting a flatbed truck to make it the rest of the way. :mad:

8. medptesla

medptesla New Member

Go Cavs!!

9. justaddsun

justaddsun Member

Go Hoos!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

10. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

First time apart (Without my baby tonight)...

So 21 days with my Model S, and I'm loving every minute of it on the road, or in the garage. :)

But today, I took it in to get the front end wrapped and the windows tinted. They said it would take a full day. So rather than hassle the wife and juggle with our other ICE mobiles, I picked up a rental they provide. I thought about a Prius, but decided on a Toyota Corolla. My first car in high school was a new Corolla. I was curious to compare. I think they were better built back then. er. make that, they were better built back then. However, late today I got the call, that wrapping a black Model S is no easy feat. No room for error, as every mistake, bubble, stretch and wrinkle will make itself known... that my Model S was going to need to stay overnight to get finished up in the morning.

And so now, I'm missing our Joulee (our unofficial name for her). The UMC is all coiled up and hanging on the wall, kind of sad with no one to connect it to. I've checked the app a couple of times, making sure no one is taking her for a joy ride, has plenty of charge, etc.

They're supposed to be done around 10am tomorrow. Looking forward to that now, and will cut out of work early to pick her up. It's almost like waiting all over again.

(Note, it's not really that emotional, or is it?)

Anyone else have "first time apart" stories?

11. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

I've had to leave it at the shop or service center three times now... And for 3-4 days each time. And it doesn't get any easier... You spend all day checking-in on the car via the app...

12. irishstoutaz

irishstoutaz Member

We had the same experience when we had ours tinted/wrapped though we just drove our neglected ICE for the two days.... Just remember Joulee will be much happier with the Tint/Wrap! :biggrin:

13. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

Just picked her up. Now the windows need to dry/cure for 48+ hours. I'll take pics tonight when the sun drops. Looks awesome.

14. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

This thread got moved to Off Topic, but please post the pics in the Model S - Interior section. When I got my windows tinted they recommended 48 hours but suggested 3-5 days without lowering the windows.

15. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

#15 SCW-Greg, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013

Nigel, no problem moving the thread, I should have remembered Scott's first post on this.

And yeah, I'm nervous about opening the windows for a bit. Better safe than sorry. I have detailer coming to finish the car (the parts that aren't wrapped) on Sunday, but I'm wondering if that's too soon.

I'll post pics in a few hours. Waiting for the intense sun to drop a bit more, and get shade light instead.

Edit: Here's the results of the reason for leaving the car in the first place - Model S - Window Tinting - Page 22

16. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

i feel your pain...dropped mine off last night to get paint "armor" applied to the whole car. Hoping it will be done tomorrow afternoon. I've had my car less than a week and am already having tesla withdrawals. Feels just as bad as leaving my phone at home! Been checking my app just to connect with my car..lol