Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sept 29th event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember there was a small ceremony when Tesla handed over the keys to the first Model S Founders owners. Tesla posted a short video and a press statement. I'm expecting something similar for the first X deliveries.

EDIT: Found a copy of the video. It's was a bigger event than I remembered. What do other people think? Something similar for X?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe there is an event. Cars are being delivered to founders, just like any delivery. That's my understanding.

Thanks for preparing us. I already had a serious dose of apprehension regarding the details that would be available on the 29th. This increases the dose.

I have to say that I feel so much for all of you Signature reservation holders. I respect everything about your long standing commitment, and I hope that Tesla feels the same way I do. If so, they're going to deliver you a tremendous vehicle to make up for this pre-release uncertainty.

I don't believe there is an event. Cars are being delivered to founders, just like any delivery. That's my understanding.
Princess Bonnie. I hope you are wrong in your belief. Not sure how you can have an "end to range anxiety" event that is essentially a software patch and conduct a "soft opening" on the vehicle that is planned to bridge the gap to Model III Valhalla and help fund the transition to all electric individual transportation. As was said to the Shoeless one, "Say it ain't so, Joe."

Between dumping a Model X on Steve Jurveston's lawn in the dead of night and pissing off a legion of passionate advocates with poor communications and no flat platform...Tesla's got some splainin' to do."

I remember there was a small ceremony when Tesla handed over the keys to the first Model S Founders owners. Tesla posted a short video and a press statement. I'm expecting something similar for the first X deliveries.

EDIT: Found a copy of the video. It's was a bigger event than I remembered. What do other people think? Something similar for X?
I remember large event in China with first deliveries

- - - Updated - - -

There doesn't need to be a reveal event - as long as the specs are released. I'm less interested in seeing a founder get their vehicle than I am in getting actual measurements for the cargo space.
I cannot believe Musk would have car revealed at a car show. Could just show up in show rooms but a major milestone in the companies development seems to justify an event

- - - Updated - - -

Yes thanks for correction on the date

Not sure how you can have an "end to range anxiety" event that is essentially a software patch and conduct a "soft opening" on the vehicle that is planned to bridge the gap to Model III Valhalla and help fund the transition to all electric individual transportation.

Was there an "event" or was it just a press conference?

That said, I would expect a driving event like the one introducing the Model S and the one introducing the "D" for the Model X. It's an important milestone and customers should, at the very least, get the opportunity to be driven in one, watch the falcon doors do their thing, and see a group of people get out of the vehicle with all their stuff.

It might be that the issues with the second row seating that has caused the slow down in production and the true second row seats will show up for a later event. For the X, functionality needs to trump prettiness, I think. I have no intention of buying one, but there are 30,000 people around the world that has said that they want to buy one and deserve an event to reveal how awesome their vehicle will be.

I think I miss GeorgeB :|

There doesn't need to be a reveal event - as long as the specs are released. I'm less interested in seeing a founder get their vehicle than I am in getting actual measurements for the cargo space.

Truth, but I'd hope they'd at least stream it.

Bonnie, Marketing as in Store Marketing, or as in Marketing at the Factory?

Thanks

Corporate marketing. My understanding is that a few dozen cars by EOY will be produced for Marketing to use for drive events & some of the betas will be shipped to stores. (And expect the inevitable threads about the quality of beta units - people forget those were 'rough drafts' and not finished product.) After EOY, when the focus is on selling both X and S, I expect we'd see Model X in stores.