Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a good quote from Tesla on a trade, just $500 below Carmax and others, with a 30 day and 1,000 mile allowance. Very convenient when the delivery date is an unknown. I can turn the old car in while picking up the new one.
Interesting; I set "cash" as payment method to move-along my order. Does adding a trade-in "rock the boat"? Maybe I should wait until I have a VIN? I def don't want to delay delivery!

Interesting; I set "cash" as payment method to move-along my order. Does adding a trade-in "rock the boat"? Maybe I should wait until I have a VIN? I def don't want to delay delivery!
I had also selected cash and no trade. They texted me asking if I wanted a quote. I texted the guy on the other end that a trade quote now would expire before my EDD. He said I should do it anyway because I "don't want to slow things down" whatever that means. I have no reason to think that adding a trade is rocking the boat. After all, they approached me about a trade even though I didn't indicate it. If they weren't interested they wouldn't ask, right?

Howdy folks. Been soaking in all this info and figured it was time to share what I know. Basic details below. Same story as everyone else in terms of bouncing EDD, but this range has stuck for about a month.

OD: 9/2
MYLR: White, Black seats, 20", No Tow, No FSD
EDD: 1/22-2/19, Seattle

Spoke with SA today and says my car is estimated to be built 1/27.
Our OD, EDD, and builds are almost the same. I'll contact my SA today.

Another update. FYI ordered MY LR, white, 19”, 7 seats, no FSD. Est. delivery still Jan. 29-Feb. 26. And we live next door to the Fremont plant. Also here’s a convo. with their team:
Me: Well I get an Austin made Tesla?

Response: No. Fremont made.
Austin made are going to everywhere East of that location.

I just notice something interesting while checking my order status online: with no change to my EDD and still no VIN assigned, the button to add FSD became available again.

I originally ordered with FSD in September, but changed my mind in November and removed it using that button. At the time, I acknowledged that "I [would] not be able to make any further changes to my vehicle" so it is kind of weird that the option came back, and right before the price is set to rise on January 17.

Is this happening to anyone else? Would you add FSD back given this chance just for the $2,000 "saving"?

Another update. FYI ordered MY LR, white, 19”, 7 seats, no FSD. Est. delivery still Jan. 29-Feb. 26. And we live next door to the Fremont plant. Also here’s a convo. with their team:
Me: Well I get an Austin made Tesla?

Response: No. Fremont made.
Austin made are going to everywhere East of that location.
Nearly everyplace in the US is East of Freemont...

Just got a VIN a few minutes ago. OD 9/6 and EDD before VIN was 1/24-2/3. I called SA and confirmed that I will get an AMD chip but he was not sure about the battery (though he thinks that the new battery will come with a new chip). Hope this helps!
Hi - Model Y Long Range, Blue / Gemini / White seats, no FSD or tow, order date 9/6/2021
EDD before VIN was 1/21-2/4
So basically we have the exact same dates.

Got a text from Tesla yesterday asking for documents to finalize the trade-in of my M3LR
Checked the app and I have a VIN!
But I see on the forums that some people are reporting VINs of 357XXX and mine is 354XXX (the app says the car is being built now).

I'll reach out to the SA today but does my relatively "old" VIN indicate that this is a car that was turned down by someone else?

And re: the AMD chip and the LION battery -- naturally I'd like both but the battery is important to me. I park in a NYC parking garage at work (for those of you not familiar with these garages, they are absolutely packed with low ceilings and very little room). 6 months ago the 12V died in the basement of the parking garage, smelled like skunks in the whole place, and car was a brick in the basement for 24h until mobile service could come, which basically made me the garage's least favorite person -- and that is not a good person to be. My presumption is the LION battery would be much more reliable?

If I ask the SA and he says it's the old battery (and Atom chip), can I delay, and if I do, will it cost me months? I can wait weeks, but waiting until, say, March, would be pretty annoying.

Canada has been getting VIN's of 357 from a week back. There is no rhyme nor season for the way VIN's are attached. A car could be assigned an unused VIN or a particular vehicle made later in a different batch later or etc. You need a month or more to be sure all Atom chips have been used. Until then it will be luck of the draw.

Hi - Model Y Long Range, Blue / Gemini / White seats, no FSD or tow, order date 9/6/2021
EDD before VIN was 1/21-2/4
So basically we have the exact same dates.

Got a text from Tesla yesterday asking for documents to finalize the trade-in of my M3LR
Checked the app and I have a VIN!
But I see on the forums that some people are reporting VINs of 357XXX and mine is 354XXX (the app says the car is being built now).

I'll reach out to the SA today but does my relatively "old" VIN indicate that this is a car that was turned down by someone else?

And re: the AMD chip and the LION battery -- naturally I'd like both but the battery is important to me. I park in a NYC parking garage at work (for those of you not familiar with these garages, they are absolutely packed with low ceilings and very little room). 6 months ago the 12V died in the basement of the parking garage, smelled like skunks in the whole place, and car was a brick in the basement for 24h until mobile service could come, which basically made me the garage's least favorite person -- and that is not a good person to be. My presumption is the LION battery would be much more reliable?

If I ask the SA and he says it's the old battery (and Atom chip), can I delay, and if I do, will it cost me months? I can wait weeks, but waiting until, say, March, would be pretty annoying.
FYI, my VIN was 362xxx. I am not sure whether the VIN is assigned in chronological order.

Greetings all. After a day of being in my EDD window, OD 9/8, EDD 13 Jan - 10 Feb, I checked my EDD and it was updated sometime btwn y'day and this am to 1 Feb - 1 March. I also checked my account online and it did have the option 'back' to add FSD. I'm not going to be paying for it as it isn't fully functional/available to those who's driving scores are below 98, as I understand it. I used my $10K and invested in TSLA vice the software update; same rationale as not opting for a MYP, I used those 'savings' to pick up a few more shares. Hoping my EDD 'push' is a result of being East of Austin and waiting for their ramp in production. I'm in the 'position' that I can wait a month or two to get a VIN w NA, but if I get a VIN tomorrow w NF I won't mind either way.

I think it'll really be interesting once the first Austin VIN is 'published' and how EDDs with be effected.