Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please share your configuration. After 6 posts, you can add it to your signature. I am a 8/31 order, was June until yesterday. Now April.

September seems either a placeholder? (Has it always been this?). Or, your profile is not complete. Make sure you have a payment method select. You should choose cash, for now. Finance is only good for 2 months then needs to be redone. Once you are ready to take delivery, they can easily change it back to finance.

Oh and also feel free to follow this thread too Illinois Waiting Room
Hi, thanks for the info.
All registration was completed same day as order 9/4. They have even checked the system and told me no more information is need, it is fully registered.

It’s a MYLR, white exterior, all standard interior and tires.
My local dealer recommended the all cash so I did that when I ordered for now and will change later.

My delivery has said September for a little over 2 weeks now with no change.

I spoke to the delivery manager at my local deal today and he told me he has seen 4 or 5 other like this recently and isn’t sure what is going on.

I hope it updates to sooner. It just is almost infuriating to see people who order around the same time getting there’s soon and I am being told I have to wait til September

Hi, thanks for the info.
All registration was completed same day as order 9/4. They have even checked the system and told me no more information is need, it is fully registered.

My local dealer recommended the all cash so I did that when I ordered for now and will change later.

I spoke to the delivery manager at my local deal today and he told me he has seen 4 or 5 other like this recently and isn’t sure what is going on.

I hope it updates to sooner. It just is almost infuriating to see people who order around the same time getting there’s soon and I am being told I have to wait til September
September is probably a place holder. Good call validating everything with the delivery manager. If it was like my, and a bunch of others here, push out to June (some July and September) most updated after a week or so. It may be a recalculation in prep of Austin. Mine just updated yesterday.

Hi, thanks for the info.

Keep the faith. It will probably jump to march in a few days to a week

After being stuck in "June Jail" for the past 6+ weeks my EDD just moved to 5-31 Mar. For the rest of you that have been stuck in June (or later) jail, there may be jail break coming soon.

I believe (more correctly hope) Austin production will begin this week. My local Tesla sales./service/delivery center has been informed to expect delivery of a new MY demo vehicle on Jan. 24th that will be coming out of Austin. Perhaps this is one that Tesla hopes to build this week. As of this past Friday they had not received the specific info on the vehicle, but believe it will be a MY-LR.

Last edited:
Reactions: bob00
I have the exact same delivery window! Ordered on 9/16, MYLR MSM/white though. With this being the closest I’ve ever been I’m starting to get excited, but then disappointed when I read that people’s windows shift when they get to the start date. I’ve been all over YouTube this week and am so ready for my car and to stop buying gas.
I'll be excited when I get my VIN, won't be surprised if my EDD changes again. I think once I drive off the lot with my Y I'll instantly forget the wait time and EDD ping-pong. I can't wait till my cameras calibrate😁

I’m in Omaha but picking up in KC as Tesla can’t deliver to the state of Nebraska. OD 8/19 MYLR/White/Black 20” Current EDD is very similar Jan 27-Feb 24. Glad to see some consistency with our EDDs! Hoping we get VINs soon!
I'll be curious to hear about the pick up experience since I'll be picking up from there as well. Also curious if the car will come with the door PPF or mud flaps.

Ugh - I have delivery dates next weekend but a) either my wife or I are both working all the days they have available and b) the SA said it has old chip and old battery.

has anyone else been unable to pick up during the delivery window? how long do people have to wait if they initially refuse delivery?
SA’s are no help with this. I had a similar situation and was told that if I didn’t take delivery when THEY said it would be delivered that they would reassign the car to someone else. They did give an option to have a friend or family member accept delivery for me or leave in my driveway with sentry mode on - what a joke.

The SC where my car was headed was much more helpful. I’d connect with someone there and work out a plan with them. That’s what saved me and restored my faith in customer service at Tesla.

My EDD moved for the first time since I ordered from 2/3-3/3 to June. I’m assuming it’s because I haven’t accepted or declined the trade in offer and I was probably close to getting a vin.

Part of the reason I haven’t accepted yet is because of the 3.5% range hit with the AMD chip and wanting to learn more about Texas deliveries to see if it’s worth holding out for.

My EDD moved again, the fourth time after entering the delivery window, and lengthened from 10 days to 27 days. I’m now Jan 18 - Feb 14.

All these pointy-headed geniuses and their supercomputers and they still can’t figure out how not to jerk their customers around. What a joke.

Reactions: Tararua
My EDD moved again, the fourth time after entering the delivery window, and lengthened from 10 days to 27 days. I’m now Jan 18 - Feb 14.

All these pointy-headed geniuses and their supercomputers and they still can’t figure out how not to jerk their customers around. What a joke.
That's a bummer. I will enter my EDD window for the first time tomorrow and am afraid the same thing will happen to me. My EDD shortened to a 14 day window last week. I was able to tell my kids "I think I might actually get the car in the next 2 weeks".

Reactions: Tesraki
My EDD moved for the first time since I ordered from 2/3-3/3 to June. I’m assuming it’s because I haven’t accepted or declined the trade in offer and I was probably close to getting a vin.

Part of the reason I haven’t accepted yet is because of the 3.5% range hit with the AMD chip and wanting to learn more about Texas deliveries to see if it’s worth holding out for.
wait, what? The AMD chip will suck 3.5% more range? 330 to 315?

It’s from a screenshot someone showed from Australia, and what seems to be happening is that the range hit *also* includes the drop by selection 20” wheels. They’re been making it more clear in the past few months the changes to range when selecting different options on the website. I don’t think the AMD chip is affecting it much at all.

wait, what? The AMD chip will suck 3.5% more range? 330 to 315?

Supposedly people in other country’s have been getting this notice.

Attachments

• 89ADD3F8-D4D4-4020-8F19-DEBF5F8A2480.jpeg
    89ADD3F8-D4D4-4020-8F19-DEBF5F8A2480.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: cyber2077
oh wow thats crazy, you never know what to expect, from deliveries to features and now range lol. They just want you to shut up and take it what you are given. Oh well I guess beggars can't be choosers :)
All subject to change depending on the market Europe vs USA and structural battery roll out.. no report on USA yet.
So take articles like the one below with grain of salt.
Many factors wait and see.
Europe Y increased range and chip, Model 3 decreased range and chip.... Then other reports say increases due to battery pack, many conflicting stories.
All due to roll out in China vs USA vs imminent German and Austin TX roll outs.

My Speculation: based on Elon saying people would be cross trained in Freemont during TX construction so they are prepared to work at and launch Texas efficiently.
Freemont might have the structural pack, new chip, front casting and everything at the same time as Austin TX. Freemont has been sending bodies, samples etc to Austin. Structural battery pack reference is already added to model Y owners manual.
Teslas pilot Freemont location for production of 4680 cells may provide for Freemont to be on par with Austin Tx technology.
Also possible Freemont ships packs to Tx before the Tx battery production is ready.

It would not make sense to ship non structural pack and structural pack at the same time unless only the Performance gets the new technology to start, extending the range of the more expensive Performance version.
But I waffle back and forth... If you are providing structural pack and front casting then your assembly line is more complicated having 2 structural versions at the same time. Not even sure it is possible, or does 1 line have structural pack and another non structural pack until TX starts battery production?

If we knew how much true capacity the Freemont 4680 plant had then it would probably help answer the questions. Semi is also supposed to have 4680. Which leads me back to.... maybe 4680 will not be in Y for a while uhhhhh rofl.

In the end, if Europe and China are any indication, it seems Tesla wants to increase range across the board.
Y towards 350. Eventually Model S & X increase to 500 range as originally stated.

My 2013 Model S 60 had only 206 range, now 160 range. (went from 179 to 160 max over the holidays, but I did road trip and supercharged to max a lot in the cold weather. Waiting for service center to assess. I hope I did not loose 19 miles max range over 2 weeks. But my car is old! It even charges like a snail at superchargers compared to any Y or 3)
Range will always increase and charging will be faster as Tesla progresses with new tech :)

Tesla lowers Model 3 range estimates in Europe due to extra power consumption of AMD Ryzen processor [Update]

Last edited: