Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is absolutely how I feel. As a customer, I certainly don't feel valued or respected with Tesla. I came close to canceling my order a couple of weeks back, but I'm going to give the car a chance. Still, after seeing Edmunds' comparison of the MY and Ioniq 5 today (the Ioniq 5 wins and, as Edmunds says, "it's not even close"), I wouldn't order a MY if I was placing my order today. Tesla had the EV market to themselves, became complacent and arrogant, and now there's competition.
Eh, I think the Ioniq 5 looks really great but Edmunds seems to get off on slagging Tesla while giving other manufacturers a pass. Their Twitter thread alone about it is obnoxious and snarky.

So, two days in, how's the car? Winter driving good? I'm very envious....
My experience is coming from my current Lexus 350 Rx. So YMMV. Positives - done for ever for filling gas or keep switching on the engine to make sure battery does not die down. It takes 6 minutes to heat the car from 37F to 70F. Dash cams are nice and can be kept on all the time.
The negatives: This will not impact me but the GPU which drives the entertainment stuff is Intel. It is as fast as a 10 year old iPad to load YouTube or Netflix. They should have moved to AMD eons ago. I just tried it for the sake of trying it.
The tire wall height is very low and the ride is bumpy/rough compared to the larger sized wheels in ICE SUVs. I am feeling it less as I get used to it. Not a concern.
The thing I can't live with and plan to install a Hannshow monitor with front camera. I could not park properly at Costco because there is no birds eye view/365 view, nor is there a front camera that shows the lines of the parking. The dash cam view only gives side and back views, never the front view. Even non luxury cars have had the parking camera function for over 6 years now. Even in my garage I can't figure out if I am in the right spot length wise. I understand last year Elon said we will not add a front parking camera because we are going to be soon providing bird's eye view image, plus people can park using FSD. So this weekend I am going to try out both FSD features of front parking and side parking. Rear camera is good, so no issue there.

Other than that, it is a nice car. I am super happy I did not get an MYP which has even smaller tire wall height. I doubt anyone will not like it. It has a steep learning curve. The menus are not arranged intuitively. Seems to be add features as they come in categories that may not be compatible. But once you get the hang of it, one gets the hang of it. I use Tesla Cf and other Youtubers for detailed explanation of version 11 software. BTW, my software regularly updates! I know people wait 4-5 weeks or more. I have no idea why my software gets updates.

I am using the hold feature for regen. It is a hit and miss right now. I take off my foot of the acceleration and the vehicle stops some 100 feet away! It will take another week before I can learn to drive without using brakes. For snow driving, I would say the car is absolutely of no concern. It is even better than an ICE car for a warm and toasty cabin. Road sounds are no worse than my current Lexus. The Tesla mobile technician who came to install my homelink was supernice as was my SA when he dropped off the car. You will very quickly forget all the trials and tribulations of the EDD process once you get your vehicle. As PgCoco said, you will love it and it is fun car. I am all the time looking for some reason to get out and do things, just because I can drive. Headlights are good for night driving. Charging is so cheap in the night. I am paying 6 cents a minute 10.0 PM to 5.00 AM. It gets charged in no time. I am still learning the hang of sentry mode and dash cams. But I will certainly push for installation of the external front camera at the bumper level. The AMD chip one is different to the one for Intel chip. Once you get your car, feel free to ask any question. I will have learnt much. I joined the MN facebook group for Tesla and many people give great advice and tips. You can join even before you get your Tesla. One day you get your VIN and a roller coaster ride of taking delivery and learning new things starts. So enjoy the calm before the hurricane!

thank you for sharing this with us. it does look like the trade in messes up with the order (where it should not be in first place)
I would urge you to check out the payment time period. Tesla is going to give me money between 3-60 days. Carvana gives check in hand. Some others say 14 days after pickup. Carvana has the least headache. My choice was them but decided to go for Tesla because of the saving in sales tax on $36000. Unless Carvana was more by 7% over Tesla, Tesla still made sense. Make sure to do trade in before you make payments otherwise like me one will need to wait 2 months to get paid by Tesla.

Eh, I think the Ioniq 5 looks really great but Edmunds seems to get off on slagging Tesla while giving other manufacturers a pass. Their Twitter thread alone about it is obnoxious and snarky.
I did see a video from Edmonds where they compared tesla and a Ford. The guy said Tesla is better for xx and yy. But in the end said, Ford is better than Tesla. Edmonds receives good advertising money from Ford and so they will always talk down Tesla when comparing with Ford.

• Informative
Reactions: Spockarific
Here's a new video by Ryan Shaw summarizing Tesla's customer service problems. He's a big Tesla fan, owned a M3, MY and MSPlaid, but is objectively honest here. And it has me concerned. How much worse will Tesla service get as production ramps up and more and more vehicles hit the road?

I must say he is very fair and does not hesitate from criticizing Tesla unlike some Youtubers who are not unbiased.

Received the Trade-in text on Wednesday, I did give them trade information and they actually beat Carvana. I accepted yesterday. Took a little longer than the 24 hours than they quote because they had issues getting payoff info. EDD stayed at Jan 27 - Feb 24, has held since early December. This morning EDD shifted back a month. Feb 23 - Mar 23. Not sure if the trade in impacted my date. The other fun thing is my trade in offer expires on Feb 19th, so I’ll have to refresh that so there isn’t any additional impact to my order.

A little frustrating especially as I will be on vacation during part of this window! Oh well if there is one thing I have learned by following these forums it’s to set the bar low and to to expect that anything can change at a moments notice. We are all just along for the ride.😀

OD 9/19 MYLR5 White/Black/21”/noFSD pickup in KC

yikes! that video makes me want to forget about EVs for a few years and buy a new Volvo to replace my 2011 instead...
I'm still waiting for my Y. In the mean time, I spent $65.00 and 1.5hrs getting an oil change yesterday. The 'free' internet wasn't working and the TV channel was on a soap opera; asked to change the channel and got that 1,000 yard stare. Not everything is perfecto, you do you; I won't tell other's how/where to spend their $.

Just entering Day 1 of my Jan 22–Feb 5 EDD window. I feel like this is the worst part of the waiting game. A pushed EDD at this point would be extremely frustrating for for all of the reasons: financing approval, trade-in windows, insurance coordinating, registration on current vehicle, planning anything on the calendar. I'm pretty drained at this point and this whole experience has taken a toll on my outlook for Tesla. Still a great company, but they definitely have issues to work on that I fear will catch up with their business and consumer sentiment.

Each day feels like an eternity when you've waited 140+ days already. Sure, I knew the delivery window was estimated to be January 2022 when I ordered back in September, but lack of communication makes you feel pretty unseen. Especially given the hard work and effort of saving money many of us put into this switch to EV. For such an innovative and forward thinking company, I really hope they stop and remember the importance of human interaction, transparency, empathy for customers who rely on vehicles to function in everyday roles and responsibilities. Supporting the EV movement shouldn't feel this cold.

OD: 9/2
MYLR: White, Black, 5 seat, 20", No Tow/FSD

I'm still waiting for my Y. In the mean time, I spent $65.00 and 1.5hrs getting an oil change yesterday. The 'free' internet wasn't working and the TV channel was on a soap opera; asked to change the channel and got that 1,000 yard stare. Not everything is perfecto, you do you; I won't tell other's how/where to spend their $.
Remind a fellow Kansas City delivery what your current EDD is?

The thing I can't live with and plan to install a Hannshow monitor with front camera. I could not park properly at Costco because there is no birds eye view/365 view, nor is there a front camera that shows the lines of the parking. The dash cam view only gives side and back views, never the front view.
Thanks for sharing that. Just kidding, as a middle school parent, it should be 360 view, 365 days a year. hahahaha

I actually think the Atom is better then AMD because you will lose 3% battery range and I think it is not only just 3% given this car keep alive while you are not driving it. I have a 3, one night it started upgrading itself, and drained about 5% battery.

Not enough range. No supercharger network. Looks like 1980s economy hatchback. Teething probs. Dealer markups. Will be formidable in two years...same as offerings from a bunch of other car makers. Tesla won’t have sat still.
Main thing that’s positive is price with tax credit.